>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Animation
bottom-table-gradient

Old 23-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #16
Edwiersma
3D-Student

Send a message via MSN to Edwiersma Send a message via Skype™ to Edwiersma
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Let's Make a splash'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC - 038 - Journey to other planets Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
Dahm, I had a similar idea (for a few weeks now). I was still in concept fase and mine was more F-Zero style but I did ad magnets that had supposed to be that matrix style blue glowing bumpers you already have.

Yours is almost how I had it in mind and you worked it out perfectly there is almost no use in reproducing it again right? Well, my project is still gonna take years anyway :P maybe someday I can astonish the world with my ideas

One of the best animation's i've seen from you. Awesome!
Old 23-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #17
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe Send a message via Skype™ to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
HAhaha I actually remember the original speed factor like it was yesterday, I was pretty impressed with it back then, good to see you are still ripping up a storm.

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #18
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Tom: Thank you so much! This is awesome I agree with that shot, it's my least favorite, but I didn't have time to do another one and I couldn't cut it out of the movie. Close-up shots were the most painful rendertimes, though (up to an hour per frame )

DaddyDoom: Thanks Daddy!

Ghost-D: Thanks. I totally didn't think about that, but now I see similarities. I loved those games when I was a kid.

Psycho Mantis: Thanks! No trashing my lights anymore, eh?

h2k1: Thanks!! I really enjoyed your demoreel too.

bobi: I had to choose to focus on something and to focus on the race just couldn't be done properly in the time I had at hand. So I presented the whole thing from a pilot's point of view, even if it meant showing only selected scenes from the race. If I had the time (and the render farm ), I would have added about a minute more of racing, but where does it begin to get monotonous? I too loved the over-the-top camera motions in the first Speed Factor, but due to the fact that I need to composite this stuff now (Speed Factor 1 had no compositing; what you get is what came out of the renderer) and add elements, I had to be careful not to go crazy with camera movement. I'll work on this for my next personal project, I promise.

Crispy4004: Thank you! I'm honored to have that rep.

Scrat_SG: Thanks! Hope so too There are a few good competitors though, so it could go either way.

Tarik2d: Thank you! What do you mean by large scenes?

washka: My thanks!

Nukie: Thanks! The HUD is all After Effects. Several texts (for the speedometer, etc) and shapes animated with masks, then precomposed and curved so that it looks like it has some perspective to it. Speed... what else would I be referring to?

I_AM_DAVE_COX: Oh thanks! What would you like to know, more specifically?

bb0x: Thank you! The hovercraft are tip-over-proof cause of the tri-hoverpad construction. Unless you're an idiot and overheat them, like in the movie. What do you think could have looked cooler for the design? I wrote the monologue to be like an ode to speed. Like a veteran pilot talking to a bunch of fresh recruits about the thrill and danger of it. I guess you could replace speed with a few other keywords in there and it would still make sense

BiG ToE: This means WAR!

Edwiersma: Sure there is use in doing your idea! Mine isn't exactly original either, it's all about doing what you love and maybe putting your personal touch into it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you pull off. Thank you.

Sathe: Heya! Thanks man, I'm shooting thunder from my... I'm still kickin'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A request if I may ask of you, fellow citizens.

The competition will be judged by a selection of famous artists from my country, but there is also a public voting to choose the most popular entries. It may or may not have an impact on judging, but it's still cool to be popular.

Please take 30 seconds to go to THIS LINK, find my entry (it should be close to the top), click it, a window appears with it, and click on "Voteaza", the thumbs up thingie in the lower-right corner. Thank you!!

And thank you for such an awesome reception for my animation.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #19
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 5
That's not what fusion-based hovercraft look like...geez...

Seriously, though, for 3 weeks of spare time, some of this looks really great. I'm still waiting for the next Titan installment, though.
Old 23-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #20
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Really great stuff for 3 weeks of work, I hope to see a new bigger project soon from you Gl with the contest, I voted for you!

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #21
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
It would probably take me 3 weeks to model a helmet...

Great work Freespace, very impressive work.

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #22
squeak

Send a message via MSN to squeak
just awesome!
reminds me off Ballistics computer game
squeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #23
Ferry P
Ferry Passchier

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For making two threedy interface sketches. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  
Total Awards: 7
Wow..good stuff!

Ferry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #24
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Very cool vid there! I really like the scenes and the movement but one thing that did bog me a bit was why you didn't use more particles or other effects at their take off?

With some sound production (apart from the narrator who sounded way cool) this could be sheer awesome .

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #25
bobi
Scorpion

Hey Freespace... do you have your old animation of the robot ritually makes some moves with the sword in some kind of a temple?
I saw that, but I never download it, and it was very cool, imho.
I think I've got all yours older animation, but not that one.

How about remake on that?
Old 24-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #26
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
inveni0: Thank you! Titan might yet make a comeback

neolith: Thanks! There's going to be StarCraft Final Metamorphosis, which is a huge project for me. I kept taking breaks for it to do work stuff, or projects like Speed Factor 2, so it's taking longer than it should have.

McFly: Practice makes perfect, and it's all about cutting corners where you know the camera won't look. Thanks!

squeak: Thank you! Yes, that was one of my references. Such a great game!

Ferry P: Thanks, man!

hulahuga: Thank you! Time was the main issue. Setting up proper particles was one of the last things I did for the animation and not all the shots got to have them. The ending needed more work too, but... only 24 hours in a day. On Earth at least.

bobi: Yeah, I've got it on a HDD somewhere around here. I need to scavange for it, I'll let you know when I find it. You mean a remake of Titan? I am thinking of something along those lines for 2011.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #27
Kage
Perfectionist...

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''The Z-5500 Speaker system'' was featured on the frontpage! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge 
Really nice video!

When it first started, I was like "wow, he's certainly improved since Speed Factor" was made. The visuals are just that much better.

I loved the camera shots with the heat waves behind, etc.

Only problem I found was, I expected the narrator to stop, and for you to have something closer resembling Speed Factor throughout the rest.

I just wasn't dragged as much into what was actually happening. Focusing on the race would have been your best option in my opinion with all the sweeping camera angles etc of the first.

The best shot for me in the first film was of them going up the ramp, and the camera zooming to catch up with them. It was that kind of thing that impressed me on first viewing, and when I re-watched it before I watched the new one.

Still, for such a short time spent, it was impressive, but I think it missed the wow factor of the first.

Finished Projects:
Z-5500 Speaker Set
Xbox 360S
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #28
walkerism

Beautiful work man. Brought me back to the days of Wipeout.
walkerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #29
bobi
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
bobi: Yeah, I've got it on a HDD somewhere around here. I need to scavange for it, I'll let you know when I find it. You mean a remake of Titan? I am thinking of something along those lines for 2011.
Is that one Titan?
I don't remember well, cause I saw it few years a go... I never think that was Titan, I was thinking it was some random robot you modeled.

I was thinking about remake of the temple scene. nothing complicated or long as Titan project is. Just like you did it before: A robot, ritually swing with his sword. Maybe 20-30 seconds animation.
It would be interesting to see what would you came up today with your improved skills.
Old 24-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #30
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Yeah I definitely understand why. But some more effects would have been cool

PS: I agree with what Kage said

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote