>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Animation
bottom-table-gradient

Old 24-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #31
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
nice work man. i really dont have anything more to add

except that we're all still waiting on starcraft ^^
Old 25-11-2010, 06:02 AM   #32
Warin-3DT
Scientist who falls in love with art

Send a message via MSN to Warin-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words 
Total Awards: 2
Super cool piece of work! Freespace

Just rewarded you the Golden Eye award
Old 25-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #33
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe Send a message via Skype™ to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
Come on you scungy *******s, he needs more votes.

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #34
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Kage: Thanks! I know, it's a shame I couldn't focus on the race more, had time allowed it there would be about 1 more minute of the stuff in there. I'll work on my compositing skills so I can afford more crazy camera motions in the future

walkerism: Glad to bring out those feelings Thanks.

bobi: My mistake, it wasn't Titan. I sent you the temple one. It's almost five years since then, omg. Why would I make a robot swinging his sword, when I can make full-on battle.

hulahuga: Won't dissapoint in my next project

Tank[NL]: Thanks, that's coming too. I'm getting back on it now. Again. Seriously, this has to be the most fragmented project I've ever done.

Warin: Thank you! My very first golden eye. I'm a cyclops, grrrrr!

Sathe: Yeah!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the Juries are done doing their thing.

I've won... 2nd place.

Here's a link to the first place winner: http://www.visualart.ro/forum/showth...t=22168&page=2
And here's to the third place winner: http://vimeo.com/17056981

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #35
bobi
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
Why would I make a robot swinging his sword, when I can make full-on battle.
Hell yeah!
Old 29-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #36
Master_Blaster
God Sheppard

Send a message via Yahoo to Master_Blaster
Congrats man. You deserve it!
Old 29-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #37
llambertt
Douglas Shimada

Send a message via MSN to llambertt
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
great work!!! love it! ;D
llambertt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #38
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe Send a message via Skype™ to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
Sweet, the dude made a shark car that can't do ****. lol

Congrats on 2nd.

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:51 AM   #39
lostboy_1
Only the BEST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: great news reporting! 
Total Awards: 2
cool video...sadly it was very short....
lostboy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #40
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Master_Blaster: Thank you, congratulations to you too!

llambertt: Thanks

Sathe: Thanks man. Yeah, there's been some controversy about the #1 spot.

lostboy_1: Thank you! Just wasn't enough time to add more, this time around.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #41
Queenhunter

likes it a lot. great stuff

I see some AE stuff but did you create a model set for it- the track,tunnels etc?
Queenhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #42
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Queenhunter: Thank you. What do you mean by model set? You mean like set pieces that I then arrange to form the track?

Old 06-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #43
Queenhunter

yeah I was wondering if you created the whole set, like for filming it, or just used images,or other means or combination.

Am new to making things in AE and C4d. I have seen After Effects used to create 3d scenes. Was wondering if you made the models and then green screen them onto something else, or used 3d app for model set, or like AE for scene(set)

Curious how it was done. For me, as a noob, I would make the entire thing in models
and do it, because have not had enough experience with everything yet.

Amazing how some can use AE with C4d and blend it all together.I am prolly going about it the hard way but am learning.
Queenhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #44
jackendonald

You have worked hard to prepare all this within sucha short time.Very nice video! The best picture of me in the first movie had to climb the ramp, and the camera zooms in on them. It was the kind of thing, I see first, and once I saw him before seeing the new one.When started, I was like Wow Factor, which greatly improves speed "was made. The graphics are simply much better.
jackendonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #45
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Queenhunter: I used 3dsmax for modeling, and AE only for compositing and post processing (putting render passes together, color correction, lens flares). So no green screening Check out videocopilot.net for awesome AE tutorials.

jackendonald: Thank you very much! That was also my favourite scene in the old one.