>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > CG News > Latest 3DTotal and other CG site's news
bottom-table-gradient

Old 12-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #16
Nukie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
You guys off course have my support. You deliver good material and this is a great community. I hope it stays that way.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #17
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 5
I agree that it will be nice to see all the awesome changes that will happen with piracy stopped. Good work, Tom!
Old 13-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #18
ZenMan

Send a message via MSN to ZenMan
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work ''scarlet spiderman beeing ''was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
I support you guys, but......with the internet.....anything can be copied and re poriduced. Myself, I plan on making utorials and DVDs, so I fear, this will be pirated, and yes it will. Ah it isn easy to accept it, just hope for 3D Total it gets better and people RESPECT wha 3D total does.
When I was a student, broke, down and out 3D Total helped me so much with free tutorials. I purchased textures and supported he forum, spread the word.

If you are reading this, dont pirate, please. Auodesk give suden free sofware now, zbrush has finance options, photoshop, e.t.c. You can purchase DVD tutorials from Gnomon or 3D Total if your serious about visual fx, instead of spending money on a supid game that you will put away after 8 hours of play.
The tutorial DVDs, conent from 3D Total, PDF ebooks e.t.c. This will HELP YOUR FUTURE!!!!!

In the long run, by doing it the right way, by supporting companies like 3D total, Gnomon, Conceptart e.t.c. These things will help become a great artist, ge a great job, your concience can be put at ease by knowing that you didn ripp off hard working people, that you helped someone keep their job. These people are just like you and me......artist who are passionate , and love what they do. So see it from their perspective. Please.
How would you feel, if you were in their shoes? All your hard work being ripped off?

Sorry about the rant. Like I said. Think. Please, just F****K think. We want the industry to grow, not decline because people rather throw money away on useless **** instead of spending it on what they really need, and what will suppor your fellow artists working on the industry (the industry itself)

RANT...OVER!!!

http://negativeiso.blogspot.de/

Working In Berlin at the Moment CG Artist/Fashion Photographer

" Be a fanatical follower of your dreams!"
ZenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Great ZenMan! For Thanks for2:
ClassicGamer-3DT (13-01-2011), Tom-3DT (13-01-2011)
Old 13-01-2011, 01:47 AM   #19
gumby666

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
Totally support this movement!!
If you can afford a computer that can run 3D software and an internet connection fast enough to download these large files, then you can afford to pay for these products!
I work with a guy who thinks the coolest thing in the world is to download music, videos etc on torrents.
It's that whole thrill of doing something illegal I guess.
People like him really don't think about the consequence on companies like yours.
My band's CD was available on torrents one week after we released it and we're a little known, independent sludge metal band. Crazy!!!!
It should be renamed stealing not piracy.
Maybe this would make people think more as there's much bigger social stigma related to stealing than the swashbuckling Johnny Depp associated pirate.
(No dig at Johnny by the way, luved him in those movies!!)
gumby666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #20
duttyfoot

talk about biting the hand that feeds you. i found it quite fascinating how CA put up links and pictures of some of the losers who were members of the site.
duttyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #21
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMan View Post
If you are reading this, dont pirate, please. Auodesk give suden free sofware now, zbrush has finance options, photoshop, e.t.c.
Well this is news to me, what products are free? All I see is trials

When did this forum get a thanks button btw?
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #22
tyrant monkey

I have bought about 5 or 6 e-books from your shop and the have really helped advance my digital painting skills, so the thought that this could go away because of pirates fills me with dread.

If this tactic you wish to adopt worked for CA than I hope it works for you as well.
tyrant monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #23
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthJake View Post

Im not sure about which software he talked about. But for example i recently bought Autodesk entertainment creation suite for students. It cost Me 1300 sek (150 usd) in that kit. you get 3dsmax, maya, mudbox, sketchbook pro and moitionbuilder. Everything works the only limitation is that you cant use it for commercial work. And if i understand it correctly i can update all the programs after a time for a ridicously low price.

The thanks button was added a day or two.
MStandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #24
ivaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
White text on a red background... it was painful to read. It's like burned into my retina, I can't blink it away and if I look at anything white, its there.

I fully support what you're doing but maybe you could do it without murdering my eyesight in the process! Anyone brave enough to transcribe it into a normal format?
Well, me too, but, I think this is what piracy does with owner rights, unfortunately, yet, it's a big problem to deal with, hoping having a real solution.
ivaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #25
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
White text on a red background... it was painful to read. It's like burned into my retina, I can't blink it away and if I look at anything white, its there.

I fully support what you're doing but maybe you could do it without murdering my eyesight in the process! Anyone brave enough to transcribe it into a normal format?
Freespace-3DT has made a much easier version on the eyes, now replaced at the start of the thread!
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #26
4f6f3b
Oo;

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthJake View Post

http://students.autodesk.com/
If you register with a .edu account, you get access to all student versions of any Autodesk products. I think they are 13 month licenses as well.
Old 13-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #27
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocneasta View Post
Speaking or torrents any other means to stop piracy via rapidshare and similar sites that i'm sure exist in abundance?
I made a tutorial about a year and a half ago that found its way onto many of these uploading services. Got so bad at one time that if you goggled my name "Christopher Emerson 3D" you'd get a least 5 piracy sites before my own webpage and the site the tutorial was sold on.

The cold reality is dealing with the problem of upload sites is very impersonal. By no means do they want to support piracy, but lets face it, for them it would be bad business to bring every last person to justice. Also given the large number of requests i'm sure they receive now by the minute, it's just how it has to be. It takes at least a day for any action to be done, and chances are by that time 5 more mirrors are up, especially if the people initially sharing the tutorial catch on.

I will say though while it sucks that people stole my tutorial, I'm not looking to end anyone's shot at a career in the CG biz because of it. I support this cracking down effort but I hope it can lead to other means of content protection that are more about prevention than punishment.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #28
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-3DT View Post
Freespace-3DT has made a much easier version on the eyes, now replaced at the start of the thread!
Looks much better now.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #29
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
3dtotal was pretty much my introduction to 3d.
I grew up with the free tutorials, like the Jeanne d'Arc one. I find it weird that they try to take a company/service out of busyness that put them in busyness.

The wall of Shame is a great idea btw! =P
Old 13-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #30
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
3d total is a great site that helped me and other people to grow as cg artists with its free resourses and ofcourse their afordable products that realy holds low price knowing the amount of hard work put to it. and it holds one of the best cg comunities .
i think this idea is great but how many of these torent uploaders have been taken to cort by ca and how many have been put to responcenilitie by law??? we had one big scandal in our countire when police caught a man that uploaded windows7 to torents. so he got away with no punishment cause he was caught with uncertified programs . and that includes torents. ofcourse maybe in other countries where laws dont change every week there is more ways and tools to do justice .
allways was and will suport such a great site . good luck on this long crusade
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote