>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home
 


top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > CG News > Latest 3DTotal and other CG site's news
bottom-table-gradient

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #91
MStandar
Addicted to 3D
 
MStandar's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 74
Thanked 119 Times in 112 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_mobley View Post
lol this is the stupidest crap i have ever heard u guys claim to be artists. last time i checked true artist dont get paid until they die. artist are suppose to share and share alike not try and feed off each other. like that fen zhu dude who does the concept design, NOW HE IS A TRUE ARTIST. THIS GUY MADE A COUPLE OF PAY FOR VIDS THEN SAID F IT. HE IS YOUTUBING EVERYTHING FOR THE FREE NOW HE HAS OVER 150 FREE TRAINING VIDS FOR FREE THAT SLAMS ANYTHING U HAVE TO PAY FOR..
What the?

Ok so who do you mean, when you say "True Artists" I could make a pretty big list of people who have more money then they ever gonna need.

You have a bunch of Actors, Movie directors/producers could also have a pretty big pocket. And yes i would call those guys artists.

So what your saying is that you work for free?, How the hell do you buy things that you need, like food, clothing etc?

What your missing is that Feng Zhu, probably still gets money from his tutorials, maybe not directly, but they get alot of people and therefore also a higher traffic, which may lead to more job offers to him.
MStandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #92
NinthJake
The Ninth
 
NinthJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 96
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_mobley View Post
so i see you referring to people from The Renaissance in others words the great theft of eastern arts and culture. good way to support ur statement. those guys were still finger painting until they stole the ma thematic language from the east.
You are the one who refers to the Renaissance with your "True artists don't get paid till they die" bullcrap.

If that is true then there are no true artists in this world, or they are true artists a very short amount of time because they will die of hunger because they don't earn money to buy food with.

And Feng Zhu started a school which he earns money from and that is where his tutorials come from, he is not a "true artist" as you so well put it.

But be my guest and work for free, become a "true artist" if you so want and we shall see how long you will last
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #93
chris_mobley
Banned.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well put it like this i forked over 50k US into a **** poor education from AI Chicago and was taught absolutely nothing but a interface. on a couple of programs. i wasnt taught any methods whatsoever. so yes the only valuable thing i learned from my educational experience was how to file share. through file sharing there is absoluting no need to waste ur time attending any school and being a victim like me. every valuable thing i have learned. is from the many gnomon maya titles that they have to offer. im just glad i found the greatest educational torrent site know to man before it became private because they have everything from apps, plugins, tutorials, reference, books, u name it its there.........
chris_mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #94
MStandar
Addicted to 3D
 
MStandar's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 74
Thanked 119 Times in 112 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
So what your saying is that, you put down 50k $ on an education, that happen to be a bad one, and now your taking it out on the people, that actually are helping you to get a career. and that have been working hard to get to the place they are today, and the deserve to get paid for their stuff.
Just because you had a bad experiance with the educational system, dont mean that everything should be free, and that the people who work hard to teach you stuff. Should'nt get the money to pay their bills, and raise a family.

Damn man, i think you got all of this a bit wrong. Do you know how much time they are spending on making a tutorial. Their free time. which you now isnt alot if you work as an artist. Time = Money, The more time they spend on the product, the more it will be worth for them in the end. but people who use torrent and warez, makes their income go bye bye.
MStandar is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatMStandar! Thank you:
Tom-3DT (30-01-2011)
Old 30-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #95
rocneasta
Registered User
 
rocneasta's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 25m2 flat
Posts: 5,953
Thanks: 125
Thanked 493 Times in 441 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta Send a message via MSN to rocneasta Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta Send a message via Skype™ to rocneasta
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
i suggest we let chris_mobley in piece... he made his mind, and I suggest we all save our precious time in trying to change his ways and letting him see the side that awaits everyone that wants to do something while not getting ripped off.
__________________

rocneasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatrocneasta! Thank you:
Tom-3DT (30-01-2011)
Old 30-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #96
MStandar
Addicted to 3D
 
MStandar's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 74
Thanked 119 Times in 112 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
Yeah your probably right, we have wasted too much time already =/
MStandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #97
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'
 
Tom-3DT's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Worcester, UK
Posts: 2,930
Thanks: 274
Thanked 61 Times in 35 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStandar View Post
So what your saying is that, you put down 50k $ on an education, that happen to be a bad one, and now your taking it out on the people, that actually are helping you to get a career
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_mobley View Post
well put it like this i forked over 50k US into a **** poor education from AI Chicago and was taught absolutely nothing but a interface. on a couple of programs. i wasnt taught any methods whatsoever. so yes the only valuable thing i learned from my educational experience was how to file share. through file sharing there is absoluting no need to waste ur time attending any school and being a victim like me. every valuable thing i have learned. is from the many gnomon maya titles that they have to offer. im just glad i found the greatest educational torrent site know to man before it became private because they have everything from apps, plugins, tutorials, reference, books, u name it its there.........
Nice, a public admission into pirating, that means you are conveniently the first person to be banned and reported, we have your email and IP address as they show up when you register with us, I wonder if Chris Mobley is your real name too...we shall see.....

Tom
__________________
Forum Features
Start your own portfolio here
Request your awards here
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #98
5th_sun
Banned.
 
5th_sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: chicago
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wow u guys are jumping on file shares how many of u nubbs ever downloaded a fan sub or read some of that fansubb manga. i mean u turds pick and choose grow a dick and man up. be happy that someone is willing to waste their time and steal ur bonk tutoials anyways.
5th_sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 07:09 AM   #99
hulahuga
Dr. Hula
 
hulahuga's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 4,648
Thanks: 144
Thanked 137 Times in 131 Posts
Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Tom - well didn't others previously in the thread say that they downloaded before?
__________________
What does the doctor ordain today?
- Hmm... What about a shot... full of ideas!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #100
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'
 
Tom-3DT's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Worcester, UK
Posts: 2,930
Thanks: 274
Thanked 61 Times in 35 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_sun View Post
wow u guys are jumping on file shares how many of u nubbs ever downloaded a fan sub or read some of that fansubb manga. i mean u turds pick and choose grow a dick and man up. be happy that someone is willing to waste their time and steal ur bonk tutoials anyways.
5th_sun your the same guy I just banned just under a different username. Here you are using 5th_sun and your real name Chris Mobley in the same thread title! http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=63773 and now we know you are from Chicago too. Also someone with user name 5th_sun just posted on a pirate site saying he was the one banned from 3dtotal! So that's the second banning (same person though!)
__________________
Forum Features
Start your own portfolio here
Request your awards here
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #101
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'
 
Tom-3DT's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Worcester, UK
Posts: 2,930
Thanks: 274
Thanked 61 Times in 35 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahuga View Post
Tom - well didn't others previously in the thread say that they downloaded before?
yes but said in a way that it was history and things have now changed, this guy was going on about how great it was in a way that he was proud to keep doing it.
__________________
Forum Features
Start your own portfolio here
Request your awards here
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #102
hulahuga
Dr. Hula
 
hulahuga's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 4,648
Thanks: 144
Thanked 137 Times in 131 Posts
Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-3DT View Post
yes but said in a way that it was history and things have now changed, this guy was going on about how great it was in a way that he was proud to keep doing it.
Cool, cool.
__________________
What does the doctor ordain today?
- Hmm... What about a shot... full of ideas!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
all images displayed on this site are copyright the original artists and may not be reproduced, copied or published elsewhere without their express permission