>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Final Completed CG Artwork
bottom-table-gradient

Old 05-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
Red Robot - VT-61

Hello there ! We are new in the comunity, we represent Vitrux.

We made this robot and wanted to share the work with you.

Hope you like and enjoy it.

Made the base mesh in 3DMax, then all details on ZBrush, Finally retopo the mesh for the final model and rendered it with VRay.

and... Ready for animation!
Attached Images

Last edited by Vitrux; 06-03-2011 at 07:42 PM..
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
Silok
Silok

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Awsome work. Great amount of details. Good job guys.
Silok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Smile Thanks

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:26 AM   #4
agwesh

Awesome !!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
Antor

Wow. Insane details.
Antor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
JoeLaFrite007
Lego maniac

Send a message via MSN to JoeLaFrite007
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Sweet ! It's a bit different of all the other ones we can see !

Great job !
JoeLaFrite007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Total Awards: 3
This is just insane!

Great job man, I have no crits
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Thanks a lot! really appreciate your comments. . . i will post a making of soon.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
astroAJ
ʘὦʘ →

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 13
great stuff, like the details
astroAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #10
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Red face Making of VT-61

Hello There! I think that could be great and useful to show you a little bit the making of VT-61.

So here is, hope you like and enjoy it.

- First of all I drew some sketches. (Like the one shown above)

- When all the ideas were perfectly expressed i started to model a simple but very specific mesh in Max. I set every smoothing groups on polygons to export the pieces to ZBrush. (1)

- The very useful new tool on ZBrush "Crease Smooth Group" allowed me to import the pieces without lossing the sharp edges when divide!.

- Here the model start to come to life! I made details, (lines, screws, vents..) new shapes, and finally the scratches and damage. (2)

- Well, after all these work on ZBrush, i Retopo the mesh. (3)

Here are some examples of some pieces.

It is relevant to say that because the mesh had too many polygons, I had to work on each piece by separate and then decimate all of them to put them together and get some renders.

Here are the alphas and brushes i used the most.

- Well, with all done i just unwrapped the meshes and painted the diffuse map on Photoshop. I got the Normals, AO, HL and Specular maps previously from the decimated ones.

- With all textures done, it just remains the last step! Rendering.

These are the passes from VRay, and the final Render!

And... some final touches in photoshop for the finals renders.!

So, Hope this were useful and pleasant to you all.
Always apreciate your comments.

Thanks for watch
Old 07-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
himadri_sm

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
A bit different from the usual robots, mechs we see & i like that...the details are stunning...thanks a lot for the making of..

On Linkedin

Demoreel on Youtube

Vimeo

Available for freelance. PM me for details.
himadri_sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #12
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Thanks for sharing your work, good stuff!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #13
VRayGuide

Looks stable and balanced..
Textures looking good..
however I rally can't understand the functionality..the character is not expressing it.

Looks friendly but got weapons...and can fly...

The legs taking too much of a balance and I would add small turbines for balancing the flight ..

Also not sure about the torso...there is a part that comes out, it affect his movement..like bending and picking object...they basically will hit this front part...
Old 08-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
VRayGuide, Thank you so much for your comment, really apreciate it.

He is a guardian.
He had not been designed for a self sustaining fly. He only makes big driven jumps like a jetpack.

About his torso, that part is full of energy, his center of power.

Thanks, any other suggestion or comment are welcome.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:12 AM   #15
gfxengine
GFXengine

Send a message via Skype™ to gfxengine
Awards Showcase
Looks great ^^ great job
gfxengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatgfxengine! Thank you:
Vitrux (13-03-2011)