>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V
bottom-table-gradient

Old 27-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #106
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
-g2:3
-g3:1
-g4:2

-1:1
-5:2
-6:2

POSING TIME !!!
I need to fix on a posing. Which one do you prefer jumpin' one or original/walking one? Your opinion can help!

Quote:
I like the middle compositions better.
Cordero: Me too, miiightyyy god!

Quote:
crash through the pillars
Hula: I imagine, I imagine => here in attachment: imagine this one with da two dragons breaking through it with plenty of rock pieces flying around. I'll just have to paint that.
((o_O) Retreat!!! White flag! White flag!)

Puckducker: I get your point and it's justified, so here I got two solutions, here is mine (but remember that I want to represent something mighty):
-either he uses those big hands to hold the ball? (he may seems too weak to hold it without those)
-either he doesn't because the hair around and his back are strong enough for the job?
A lill' detail: a large mass of hair is quite heavy, think about an enormous one.

Warlock 279: I like the cliff idea too (but Hula's point isn't wrong), about the compo' 5 you're onto the same brainwave than me, I feel less alone, thanks!

Quote:
Yes, crashing buildings would be awesome.
Yeeaaaahhhh puuure awesomenessss !!!
koyima:
Mhhh...hhhaaann, you bre*k my b*lls!
But thanks for constructive comment!

Puckducker, second attachment is an old painting I did a few month ago, it could be an interesting posing too.
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #107
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Did a posing sheet, I'm still not convinced by the jump, I loose all da weight (lalala ballet! Straight!), or he could be onto a rock that's falling (so I keep the weight thing), hmm he could be above the ball:

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 27-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #108
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
original with it dragging

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #109
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Yeah exactly what I had in mind. If you want to have a cool composition why not have him grabbing a ledge or a building with his fist as he lumbers forward between the two beasts... Like he is walking on all four or something...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #110
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
"Seriously?"

Greek mythology: Iris? Hair symbolic: force and seduction
Bible: Samson?

Usually monks cut their hair (religious symbolistic//offering).
Attached Images

Last edited by washka; 27-03-2011 at 02:55 PM..
Old 27-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #111
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Working a bit onto the gauntlet (g2 & g4 mix, thanks for your votes), wasn't happy with the volumes, it's slowly getting out, I'll refine it more later:
Attached Images

Last edited by washka; 27-03-2011 at 07:52 PM..
Old 27-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #112
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
And onto the head too, slowly thinking about the details and trying to define the shapes... I think I'll add some kind of helmet/crown, maybe horns, I'll try to make a complete open mouth with the different parts.
Dinner time?
Attached Images

Old 28-03-2011, 05:02 AM   #113
mix_mash

In regards to the pose, do not use 2! It looks like a super hero pose. In regards to him holding up the globe thingy, be careful he doesn't look too much like a labourer or a slave. He's an effin' god! He would carry the globe like it was nothing. If he did carry something, it shouldn't look like a chore. You could still make him carry something but it should look like he could easily toss it with his weakest hand.

Paul
(mix_mash)
mix_mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #114
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quote:
be careful he doesn't look too much like a labourer or a slave. He's an effin' god! He would carry the globe like it was nothing. If he did carry something, it shouldn't look like a chore. You could still make him carry something but it should look like he could easily toss it with his weakest hand.
Thanks for your constructive comment mix_mash.
I share your point of view about the infinite amount of strenght he got.
That's why I first wanted that he doesn't hold anything.

But in fact the slave point of view is quite interesting because completly unespected.
Arent't the gods completly bound to their power. They possess the power or are they the possession of it???

Another approach:
Gods can just be the representation of a power, I mean they are the power itself that takes a representation (for the material world).
Neptune or poseidon aren't some waterman with a nice crown and a trident, they aren't the gods of the ocean, they are the oceans ('s powers).

So here we could say that the representation is just a slave of the power itself, just a shell.
I could develop the "doom" approach, the power is something that curse the shell. I also like the weight of power symbolic.

Getting back into the context, in my entry's case (immortality theme), the long hairs of the god "represent" its power, but it's also a curse the shell has to carry (and be proud of). That's why Puckducker's comment is justified imo.
The shell is just a representation (the god's body), the ultimate symbolic can't be represented, it's far too complex and go beyond our limited world comprehension.

Both point of view are legitimate, you decide there is no limits to show something unlimited (he doesn't need to hold it, he's got unlimited strenght and the hairs hold it) or, you decide to represent a limit and you use it as a meaning (he's holding the ball) in this case if the ball represent an infinite amount of hairs and weight, if the god holds it, it means he's got an infinite amount of strenght?
So the limit itself is a pretext to represent the unlimited. Isn't that funny?

I could add it's quite comparable to the paradox of existence, but that's philosophy, not CG. xD
Attached Images

Last edited by washka; 28-03-2011 at 08:48 PM..
Old 28-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #115
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
I think I'm liking o2, I'm still a big fan of the potential juxtaposition the wings offer.

Dragons head is looking pretty good, I like those ears. He's looking friendly [mainly because of the eyes I think], don't know if that's the look you're after or not.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatWarlock 279! Thank you:
washka (28-03-2011)
Old 28-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #116
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock 279 View Post
I think I'm liking o2, I'm still a big fan of the potential juxtaposition the wings offer.

Dragons head is looking pretty good, I like those ears. He's looking friendly [mainly because of the eyes I think], don't know if that's the look you're after or not.
Me too Warlock 279, I think it'll be O2, T2 or T3, still not completly decided, but I have to hurry.
Thanks for the dragon, I wasn't really thinking about the eye's expression while doing da work but you're right.

[Edit]
Wings/beard work with T2 too

Last edited by washka; 28-03-2011 at 10:59 PM..
Old 28-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #117
koyima

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Total Awards: 1
i would say it's between O2 and T3.
washka (28-03-2011)
Old 29-03-2011, 02:59 AM   #118
mix_mash

O2 or T3. Preferably O2 but if you plan to have him carry something (like a planet) then definitely T3

Paul
(mix_mash)
mix_mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatmix_mash! Thank you:
washka (29-03-2011)
Old 29-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #119
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
i'd say T2 .
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatpaulius-st! Thank you:
washka (29-03-2011)
Old 29-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #120
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
01 or 02 for me
If going with 01 bulky chains that are looped in his shoulders might look cool

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatliquidbear! Thank you:
washka (29-03-2011)