>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V
bottom-table-gradient

Old 06-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #16
Martin_x

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''Army of One'' 
Total Awards: 5
Great base model and sculpt!
Don't overexceed with extra little details, like those little things you got on the gloves right now. He got massive gear and I think its better to keep it simpler. But that's just my opinion.
Martin_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #17
Bge

Send a message via MSN to Bge Send a message via Skype™ to Bge
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 4
hi guys !
thanks alot for your opinion!! That will help me to make better my Model.

Here is Force's backpack, It consists of several parts.
(the blimp At the top,it's Used to collect the deceased their souls. It can be a separate activity.
the Fire system and the Power system)
I will try to keep pieces can be Sliding or Rotation.
colours are just to show the different masterials,they're not representative of some real colours.
next step, polishing and adding details on force's body to Zbrush.

Last edited by Bge; 08-04-2011 at 04:34 AM..
Bge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #18
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Well, clearly you've got modeling skillz to burn, and you're crazy fast. There's a load of cool details there. I'm not feeling the overall shape tho.

The green, is aces. That's got a nice sleek shape to it, nice profile, interesting silhouette, everything. That works, I really dig that bit.

The blue, kind of works, but its kind of blocky. I think it just needs refined with some some sleeker shapes.

The red, is committing silhouette genocide. Scale it down to 1/3 of the size it is now, or rip it off altogether. Not feelin' it. [Personally, I'd tear it off, and place one those cool circles with the 6 smaller circles and the 5 spoke widgets where it attached to the green bit, and call it a day.]

I'm not saying its bad, or the details on it are are bad, on the contrary its got nice details, and on its own, it would be an interesting...something, but as far it its influence on the overall design, I think it does more harm than it does good.

Just my two cents anyway.

Good stuff overall. Mad detailing, I look forward to more of that.

* Lightwave * User

Last edited by Warlock 279; 08-04-2011 at 06:23 AM..
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #19
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons 
Total Awards: 3
+1 to the comment above, although the level of detail is huge here, I'm not seeing it flowing correctly.

Additionally, God's should be able to flly on their own imo hehehe nah, joking, but still I would give this backpack another purpose.

Blog
wil_himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #20
Bge

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
hi,dudes!it's really great advice!! thanks alot!! I will be gradually improved after other parts of the completed.
here is the transformation GIF .

Last edited by Bge; 08-04-2011 at 12:00 PM..
Old 12-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #21
heaton1

Transformers!? keep it up!
looking forward to updates.
heaton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #22
Bge

Awards Showcase
Hey guys!
Here is upper part of the body.
next step, polishing the leg and weapon.
thanks a lot for the comments!

Old 14-04-2011, 01:08 AM   #23
Martin_x

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''Army of One'' 
That's awesome!
Old 14-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #24
Pockets
The Common Karl

nice job dude! cant wait to see the weapon.
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #25
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
great work dude . looking great . is it all done i zbrsuh?
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #26
Bge

Awards Showcase
hi,guys!
TO Paulius-st:
some more maked in 3dmax except the soft parts.

Here is the High model for Armor and weapons.
I wil try to let some parts can be movable.
colours are just to show the different materials,
they're not representative of some real colours.
thanks a lot for the comments!

The GIF:

The screenshoots:

Last edited by Bge; 20-04-2011 at 02:26 PM..
Old 20-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #27
heaton1

He is such a bad ass. a kick-ass job!
heaton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #28
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Looks terrific but one thing I thought of is how actually god-like he is... I mean he is a mean soldier that's for sure, perhaps he is a demigod, but I have a bit hard time right now picturing him next to Zeus (if you get my point ).

Keep going, this is ace!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #29
Martin_x

Awards Showcase
Great job!
His gear must be very hard to operate. He even has to carry the manual lolz.
Old 25-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #30
Bulygin

amazing.. i like it)
Bulygin is offline   Reply With Quote