>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V
bottom-table-gradient

Old 19-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01 Send a message via Skype™ to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Dominance War V - 3D - Wreched God- 3DT

i have no idea what i am gonna do.. i have no idea whether or not i am gonna actually be able to finish this...

i'm hopeless to say.. but textures arent always great.. and need work.. (hopefully some friendly faces will rip my work to shreds so i can i make it right)..
Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 02:52 AM   #2
SnappedStrings
Criticism Fairy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Bad textures? that's all the more reason to see it through!

I probably textured 50 characters really badly before I finally grasped texturing lol, and I still need work. Practice makes perfect, so they say.

Don't worry, if you place concept art under your forum, the criticism fairy will pay you a visit :-P

Portfolio
SnappedStrings is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatSnappedStrings! Thank you:
Neil_F01 (19-03-2011)
Old 19-03-2011, 02:54 AM   #3
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappedStrings View Post
Bad textures? that's all the more reason to see it through!

I probably textured 50 characters really badly before I finally grasped texturing lol, and I still need work. Practice makes perfect, so they say.

Don't worry, if you place concept art under your forum, the criticism fairy will pay you a visit :-P
indeed the crits normally do help.. even if sometimes they are a little hard to read..
Old 19-03-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
just a quick thing.. not a hundred percent convinced i wanna go this route.. but still thinking.
Attached Images

Old 19-03-2011, 04:11 AM   #5
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
i didnt draw that by the way.. i;m not that good at drawing..
Old 24-03-2011, 01:02 AM   #6
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
done a couple of rought sketches
Attached Images

Old 24-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
just playing around for the first time with this sketch tool.. not sure whether i'm coming or going with it.. but it is fun..
Attached Images

Old 24-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #8
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
After playing around a bit

i like the idea of a fly.. but i really couldnt see anyone preying to a fly god.. so dont.. was interesting experience to use the zsketch... been watching some good tutorials on it.. so am still figuring my way with them..
Attached Images

Old 25-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #9
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
I think a fly god could work... think of it as a boss in a game rather than a god...
I think you would need to figure out a more badass design since this looks like an average monster rather than a mean boss monster.

I would recommend trying to get away from a "humanoid" buggy creature though. if a creature looks too human, it can look unoriginal..

as for technical stuff, you are going into detailing before you have the basic shape/anatomy down. you need to get as much shape out of each level of subdividing as you can.... also use referance... learning human anatomy will contribute to any character you ever make... animals typicaly have very similar anatom to humans, so it really applies to every character/creature.

your details look pretty good, but it looks like you rushed into the detail phase without developing the overall shape and form of the character.

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatmiclepickle! Thank you:
Neil_F01 (25-03-2011)
Old 25-03-2011, 03:29 AM   #10
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Fly guy looks kinda interesting. I'd say keep experimenting with zspheres though, looks like you were making good progress!

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatPuckducker! Thank you:
Neil_F01 (25-03-2011)
Old 25-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
yeah i totally rushed into it... it was just a concept and i havent used the zsketch before.. i am hoping over the weekend to get back and create another concept.. and take a bit more time about what i'm doing..

but cheers for stopping by..
Old 26-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #12
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
while looking up some referance I found some stuff I think you could benefit from...

http://www.autodestruct.com/images/ds_spider2.jpg
http://www.autodestruct.com/images/ds_spider3.jpg
http://www.autodestruct.com/images/ds_spider5.jpg
http://www.autodestruct.com/images/ds_spider6.jpg
http://www.autodestruct.com/images/ds_spider4.jpg

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatmiclepickle! Thank you:
Neil_F01 (26-03-2011)
Old 26-03-2011, 02:35 AM   #13
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
oh wow man.. thats for that...
Old 26-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #14
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
Wink

right i have done the concept.. yeah i know i snipped out the head and torso.. but i cant draw.. which should be obvious at my lame attempt at the rest of the body..
Attached Images

Old 26-03-2011, 03:20 AM   #15
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
have no idea how i'm gonna build this bugger.. so should be interesting.. to say the least.. lol..

hope i can get a nice render at the end.. with a cool skin material and what not.. hope my machine can render it as bless her she aint all that... she's kinda like a fat bird.. you love her and what not but hell you just wish she looked more like natalie portman.. lol..