>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V
bottom-table-gradient

Old 28-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
Animill

Nahalit- 3D - Nahalit, God Of The Abyss - Animill

UPDATE

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

"From the cradle of creation in the Abyss until the light of the last being falls back to it, I'll be there to assure it's end. Fear me for I am Nahalit, God Of The Abyss"

Backstory:

Nahalit, belonged amongst the first highly evolved species in the universe, they were advanced enough to get exclusive access to the universe during it's early stages when the universe was still compact, manipulating the basic foundations of existence forming an exclusive team.

The exclusive team were a selected few to observe and rule all over creation's domain, they bowed to under no greater hierarchy nor to each other, they guided some civilizations to evolve and advance under their watch, and passed judgement to those who oppose their rule and have each the power to do so, they became gods.

Eons passed, the universe expanded and drifted the gods apart, and a small portion kept in contact with each other not knowing what happened to others, as for Nahalit he surveyed the original homeworld, but it dwindled away as well, so he remained and witnessed as galaxies born before him and civilizations who despite any intention to come here were mostly to him to come for their demise, making him a very polar being from exposure to both extremes of birth and death, forming his character as about to explode with bursts of energies or sink deep into the darkness with relics of dying civilizations sinking with him, yet his amazing will let him keep a shadow of his former shape.

A strange event occurred, There came a dreaded shock wave that Nahalit could sense, some event started that awakened the gods, some are of his old colleagues and many are new, and they are gathering for a major confrontation to end all things, it's time, he was there during creation's earliest stages and now he will assure seeing the end of it...and he will lead the way...by force.

-End Of Backstory-

Long time lurker, but no more!!!

I want to join in and finish this through.

I'm working on the overall shape before going into the details, started with a few impressions, and now started a character sheet to figure out a silhouette to give a form of a very strong godly impression, I hope you guys will enjoy.

Last edited by Animill; 30-05-2011 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: didn't specify in the title
Animill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 12
Good one, like this concept !
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
Rych
Master swordsman

Send a message via AIM to Rych
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I would have to say there is some awesome movement and personality in these sketches I can't wait to see some refined drawings.
Old 28-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Interesting back story and really cool sketches so far. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how you refine this.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
koyima

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Total Awards: 1
yep, looks promising. waiting for more sketches.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
Animill

Well I kept on sketching but i'm reaching a block, the character lacks the godly aspect, he looks like a super villain/hero...what do you guys think?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
drained spirit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: 100 posts Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.75 ''the deep sea creature'' 
Total Awards: 3
i like the pose and concept on your first sheet. It has a striking dominance to it
drained spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 05:19 AM   #8
Animill

drained spirit: Well I do agree in terms of the pose that definitely gave a difference

I'm at the character sheet stage right now I'm getting more inclined towards number 10 ,I combined some different elements, and yet number 8 shows promise. I'm curious to know which ones gave you a godly impression

Old 16-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
Dim

10 looks really good, but 13 is also really solid. I think there might be some opportunity for combination.
Dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 12
like 13 definitely
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 03:40 AM   #11
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
Total Awards: 8
1 and 13
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
Pockets
The Common Karl

i like 10.
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
Animill

ok so what the hell happened?

MY COMPUTER CRASHED COMPLETELY!!!!!!! It's taking two ****** weeks to being repaired and just barely started recovering around two days ago ,in my country I have a rare laptop model, so finding the pieces to repair was hard to find.

So what was I able to do during that time? other than that I got major overtime at work for those two weeks T_T so I was trying to compensate on my family's old computer polishing the design (major changes btw) and sculpting on sculptris, and thank god they pushed the deadline.

Will update the wip in a few hours and hopefully finish the sculpting by tomorrow, and retopologize
Old 15-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #14
squarefighter

I feel for you man. I almost lost my SSD last weekend while I was cleaning the dust out of my computer. I'm not nearly careful enough to be allowed inside complex electronic devices... Fortunately I had everything backed up on an external hard drive and a friend was able to repair the damage I caused.

That's a great concept though, and fortunately we got that extra week on the deadline.
squarefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #15
Animill

All right here are some snapshots for my WIP done in Sculptris, I'm doing the basic anatomy, and the solid state of the character before I add the damage,armor,and details
(will show an overall sketch soon) the crown on his head hasn't been detailed yet (looks a bit crappy), but placed it there to understand the shape

And here's a previous sculpt sketch figuring out how the distortion looks like on the left side of the face