>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V
bottom-table-gradient

Old 04-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
icex2009
edge

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
Dominance War V - 3D - The name of create goddess project code is:godles - icex2009

Sorry for sending the wrong pic, I sign up a new ID on gameartisans to post my final work.
Because of my mistake,the work of the final version changes to this ID: EDGEX3.

The name of create goddess project code is:godless
All work Link
http://blog.yam.com/edgex3/article/36759474

try to design three different stlyes.
I'll desing two avatars which are switchable
In the ancient times, gods might be just or evil in different cultures, but all originated from the same one.
English is not my mother language,so there's some details that i can't describe well, hoping for your consideration.
7-1
8-1
8-2
9-1
9-2
11_1
11_2
10_1
10_2
10_3

Last edited by icex2009; 27-06-2011 at 11:09 AM..
icex2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #2
Animill

I liked the concept on the 2nd row, with a nice touch on the hair/whip? extension and the way you spread the details, although the first one gave me more the otherwordly feeling (might be the fin)
Animill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
icex2009
edge

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
new

Many attempts
Animill: I express the tail
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
icex2009
edge

Awards Showcase
Thanks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animill View Post
I liked the concept on the 2nd row, with a nice touch on the hair/whip? extension and the way you spread the details, although the first one gave me more the otherwordly feeling (might be the fin)
I express the tail
Old 11-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Like upper part of the first one, and all the rest and fish side from second, good concept work so far, gl and keep it up!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Looks pretty cool. I like the fish/fin/tail hair thing, that's quite interesting.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:10 AM   #7
icex2009
edge

Awards Showcase
New upload

Go
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Right one with better legs.
What's the background story/ or small idea concept of your chara? What kind of godess, what do you want to achieve? Just design? I'm a bit trackless here. But keep it up.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #9
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
The left one feels a little too much like Hatsune Miku got dumped into the Witchblade anime. Which could be an interesting direction to go.

But, I'm with waska, the one of the right with the smoother/rounder armor bits works better. Tho the feet could use a bit of re-work.

I still really like the fin/fish tail hair from your previous sketch. Maybe mixing that with the rounded armor shapes in the right of your last sketch, making those shells, or scales or a mix of both, might give birth to a really cool looking sea goddess. It'd be a bit like a mermaid, but I think lot more interesting since the "tail" come from her head rather than the traditional conjoined legs look. Just a thought anyway.

* Lightwave * User
Old 13-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #10
icex2009
edge

Awards Showcase
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
Like upper part of the first one, and all the rest and fish side from second, good concept work so far, gl and keep it up!
I want to show some different point~
Old 13-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
icex2009
edge

Awards Showcase
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock 279 View Post
Looks pretty cool. I like the fish/fin/tail hair thing, that's quite interesting.
I'm working hard to think about the design,there's no time but i'll do my best!
Old 13-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
icex2009
edge

Awards Showcase
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
Right one with better legs.
What's the background story/ or small idea concept of your chara? What kind of godess, what do you want to achieve? Just design? I'm a bit trackless here. But keep it up.
thanks~ I think the right one is better,too.I'm going to cteate the story of disaster~and some magic power of my charactor.I'll keep going on~
Old 13-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #13
icex2009
edge

Awards Showcase
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock 279 View Post
The left one feels a little too much like Hatsune Miku got dumped into the Witchblade anime. Which could be an interesting direction to go.

But, I'm with waska, the one of the right with the smoother/rounder armor bits works better. Tho the feet could use a bit of re-work.

I still really like the fin/fish tail hair from your previous sketch. Maybe mixing that with the rounded armor shapes in the right of your last sketch, making those shells, or scales or a mix of both, might give birth to a really cool looking sea goddess. It'd be a bit like a mermaid, but I think lot more interesting since the "tail" come from her head rather than the traditional conjoined legs look. Just a thought anyway.
I'll try the armor,and I like the fish tail hair,too~
Old 14-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #14
icex2009
edge

Awards Showcase
New upload

1~3
Attached Images

Old 14-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #15
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Awards Showcase
Number one is pretty is cool, but it feels like it may be a little too busy.

Number 2 is my favorite. Its got a nice flow to it and a certain elegance. Very aquatic looking. Very cool.

Not really feelin' #3. For some reason it doesn't feel as natural as the other two do.

* Lightwave * User