>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 18-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
thefmilyofblood
Threadjacker

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
Thefmilyofblood - Battle Chess

Probably won't have near enough time for this, but I'll see what I can do.

I'm doing a king, I've just modeled him a simple crown. I'll get working on sculpting his face later.
Attached Images

Fight in the Dominance war!
thefmilyofblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
thefmilyofblood
Threadjacker

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Whew! I've sculpted out the base for the character, and made the base meshes for some of his clothes. I've only made the spaulders and chest plate for his armor, but there'll be more. It doesn't look like much now, but with any luck, it'll get better.

Old 20-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
Tycane3D
Dutchy of dutchnessness.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Sea Creature The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious 
Total Awards: 4
He looks kewl, a bit standard tho, considering the freedom u have, a normal king seems a bit....well....
But looks cool non the less...

His arms seem a bit out of proportion tho, he can almost touch his knees without having to arch his pelvis or back.
Tycane3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
thefmilyofblood
Threadjacker

Awards Showcase
Aw, crap. I have a bad habit of making my character's forearms too long. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix that with a quick transpose.

As to him being too "standard", I suppose he is right now, however this is just my basemesh. I know I want my character to look somewhat like he does know, but beyond that, not much else. I know I want him to have white armor, and a crown with a cross like most chess kings have. That's all. So I'll be figuring out the rest of the design as I go along, and figuring out how I'm going to make him stand out of the crowd.

Old 20-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Send a message via Skype™ to RogerP
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Looking good, lets see how you tackle this one

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #6
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01 Send a message via Skype™ to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  
Total Awards: 9
cool dude... like it..
Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
I think that when you put work into the anatomy that you should try and differentiate your forms and values a bit as you go along to make it a bit more interesting. Right now a lot of things look too flattened...

Good progress though, keep on rolling!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813

Last edited by hulahuga; 30-07-2011 at 07:04 PM..
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
thefmilyofblood
Threadjacker

Awards Showcase
Sorry I haven't posted anything in ages, but I've finished the low poly, and baked texture maps for it. I still have to finish the diffuse map. The final poly count is pretty low, only 5626 polys.

Old 30-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
AlucardAssassin

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Lookin' pretty slick, keep it up!
AlucardAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art, battle, chess, game, king