PDA

View Full Version : Scripting with Max Script

ibrahim_gabr
22-09-2005, 05:23 PM
On the show reel of adam scott that was announced yesterday I have a question Did adam scott use scripting on his rigging test on the his models.

Another question is how to make a script real time ( in other words it is active on every frame and on moving the helpers it executes the code) I use scripts in the paramater controls and add a position or rotation script but it does nt work except when animating.....

ibrahim_gabr
23-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Hello guys of scripting and coding no body out there have any idea?!?!?!

ibrahim_gabr
24-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi guys I had 12 view and no body replies is it that hard or I am not things clear enough plz in both ways plz respond to know where is the error and thanks for the 12 views I really appreciate it

ibrahim_gabr
24-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I added more 2 views I am starting to feel optimistic and feeling that I will get a reply soon(not being surcastic or anything) I am really optimistic

ibrahim_gabr
26-09-2005, 02:24 AM
WOW 23 views till now I am impressed but plzzzzzz I neeeed replies

ibrahim_gabr
26-09-2005, 05:46 AM
What is wroong all I am getting is views may I know why??

Vandalite
04-10-2005, 05:55 AM
I've noticed that too. I posted a topic in this forum and watched as it timed out and vanished. I am at odd's end trying to find a forum where i can actually get help with maxscript.

DeadlyFreeze
04-10-2005, 07:13 AM
CGTalk probably has the only max script forum that you might get answer from..

http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98

...atleast they gave me an answer, max script is just one of those things hardly anyone understands... kinda like the lume shaders.

Vandalite
04-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the reference. Wish me luck solving this one :)

eeek
18-10-2005, 01:24 PM
to make a script realtime you use callbacks, to active a variabe based off an action be it:

a selection change
a timeslider change
a viewport change
a mouse event change

you have to register the callback and unregister it (important!)

eg.

on test close do
(
unregisterviewportcallback monkey
destroydialog test
)

you can also use callback scripts to with:

callback.addscript

eek

ibrahim_gabr
18-10-2005, 01:36 PM
eek-3DT Thanks man I barlely lost hope for anyone to answer this thread anyway could you tell me What are the codes fragments for timeslider change viewport change and mouse event change?

eeek
18-10-2005, 01:51 PM
err not off the top of my head sorry is 1.46 am here in canada - so ill have to check out the reference tomorrow. Heres a rough idea:

global slidertime

rollout test "test"
(

fn timeslider_val = (

if slidertime == 10 do
(
messagebox "Wow, im at frame 10"
b = box width:10 height:10 length:10
)
)

on test open do
(
Registercallbacktimesliderchange timeslider_val
)

on test close do
(
unRegisterCallbacktimesliderchange timeslider_val
DestroyDialog test -- removes memory
)
)

Thats really rough - the registerCal.. name is wrong so do a search in the reference for "Callbacks" - on mouse events im not too sure about but its pretty much the same.

eek