PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer messes up a lot of things!

Maikel
07-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Hello all,

First the data required in the "sticky":

Internet Explorer 6.0 under Windows XP sp2.
Scripting engine: I am truly sorry but I wouldn't know where to retreive that intel.
What do I want to do: I am building a 3D portfoliowebsite and it has to look good!

This is all about www.maikelvanes.nl (http://www.maikelvanes.nl/?p=home) which shows just fine in Mozilla Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer...

The problems (yes, there are multiple) when viewing the pages in IExplorer 6:

- Table forming the index.php is scattered all over the place, all content ends up in the wrong locations;
- On the portfolio page the images are rollover images, straight out of Dreamweaver MX, no fancy stuff. When rolling over an image, it's counterpart pops up in the adjacent cell. Why, oh why, I ask you?
- Last and least, the main navigation bar is a flash element. I know this is not utterly necessary given the action it performs, but it's just that I'm better off using Flash than using images that roll over and play dead. The problem is the user has to click it in order to activate it, then click it again to make it perform the desired action.

Where do I have to look for the awnser? Or do I just have to convince the world to get rid of Internet Explorer and move on to an alternate browser?

Thanks in advance!

- Maikel

Maikel
08-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Allright, fixed the problem with the table being torn apart. It appears it had something to do with the CSS Style document, which stated that in a particular cell there should be an image strapped to the bottom of the cell with a bgcolor above it. I had also mentioned the image and the bgcolor in the pagefile itself.

Images flipping over in the wrong cells has not been fixed yet, I just haven't got a clue as to what it could be.

Navigation bar, well... they're just gonna have to live with that :)

And another problem has arisen: what image format keeps its level of transparency (a gradient behind the picture of myself and the logo in the lower right corner of the screen) in Internet Explorer? For now I'm using .png, which looks great in Firefox but stays white in IE.

- Maikel

Maikel
14-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I feared this lack of reaction... This probably isn't the right forum for asking this kind of questions. I'll try it on a more webdesign-ish site.

Thanks anyways!