PDA

View Full Version : Getting an Lscript to update in real time

cesario1212
05-04-2003, 12:45 AM
I'm using an Lscript expression to control a double jointed elbow. I have one null's H channel controlling the H channels for the two bones, so they move together at once. I'm using a mapRange Lscript to list the values and then I'm using that as a subexpression within a less than or equal to expression. It works, the problem is that LW doesn't update the movement in real time. I have to make a keyframe in order for the expression to update the values.

I could put AutoKey on and then it updates in real time. The problem is that autokey keys every channel (which makes a bad mess) and not always when I want it to key (say I'm playing around with the angles.

So here's my question: does anyone know how to force LW to update the outputed expression values in real time without making keys?

Art-man

P.S. I'm using a Mac with LW 7.5 (in case that matters)

J-L Gaumont-Lec
05-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Hi cesario1212,

is there an option for autokey to select a sub-component?

I do some Java (I know... I NOT the same) and we have some kind of dot syntax to reach some methods tha belong to a class like "Java.io.whatever".

Is it possible that you may have a similar thing in LW like "Autokey.yourObject..." or "Autokey/yourObject..."

I don't know...Just trying!

See ya!

cesario1212
05-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Not that I'm aware of. I've scoured the options menus for a while and did some experimenting but to no avail. I'm still a newbie to Lscript.

Art-man

jbw
06-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Hmm... haven't yet got in to Lscript so I can't help you directly?

Take a look at the tuts at:

www.lightwaveoz.org/BrainFood/Brainiac/default.htm

There maybe something there that can help you?

ta,
jbw

cesario1212
06-04-2003, 07:34 PM
thanks!

Art-man