PDA

View Full Version : Scripting/Tool Help?

Cynical Saint
02-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Hello all, posted this at another forum and have had no response. Perhaps someone here can help.

Hey guys.

I don't know anything about scripting but I have a project in mind that would require a script/tool.

I need a script that allows you to select pre-made objects, select a texture for them, then place them in the front viewport with a click of the mouse.

Ok, but it gets more difficult from here. I would need the script to determine the position of the objects. For instance, if I were to click 10 times in the same spot in the front viewport, it would need to know how to move each object forward a certain amount so that they dont all sit in the same position. If you click somewhere with not other objects behind, it would place that object at 0.I would also need the script to allow me to set the distance it moves each object forward. The result of this positioning is that you would see the most recently created objects in the front viewport and they would obscure the other objects behind them, but in the side viewport they would be spread out from left to right.

Does any of this make any sense? So for clarification, below it would need the following functions below:

Select Object
Select Material Name(from Mat Editor)
Select offset amount
Select rotation on Z axis (based upon the front viewport)
Select x/y scale(Based upon the front viewport)

Then it would need an on/off button so that if I turn it on I can start clicking in the front viewport and it would add an object with each click until I turn it off.

Ok, so can any of you guys tell me if this is possible, and if so where could I find someone gracious enough to create it for me? I searched through ScriptSpot but I wouldnt even know where to look and I doubt I could find a script with all of the above features.

Lemme know guys. You help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cynical