Thread: DirectX Shaders
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
That'll go a long way to explaining why the hair on my witch went funny during that last comp.

I'm guessing here cos I'm not up on HLSL at all but can you turn off the alpha blending and fall back to a simple alpha test?

I've not seen anyone get sorting right on alpha blended geometry without shattering objects into individual tris yet - assassins creed, farcry 2 etc all use simple alpha tests for their foliage and it looks fine til you get right up close.

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote