View Single Post
Old 14-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #38
fishless
Magic Bean

Send a message via AIM to fishless
Hey Conejo...Thanks for the comments. Glad you like the project.

The humany eyes don't bother me, personally. I did them that way on purpose because I tried other eye types and the more human-like eyes were the only ones that really gave him the intelligence that I wanted. Maybe it didn't come off as well as I thought. I've been looking at this guy for so many hours, I don't know. Really need an art director at this point lol.

As for the spec, I do agree it's off. I really have been struggling with it, actually. In the beauty shots, metal ray and final gather washed out most of the spec all over. I just didn't have time to figure out how to fix it. Go me.

The winning pose shot is just a screencap of the Maya viewport, which doesn't display spec all that well, IMO. At first I had the spec down more on the flesh parts, but I thought it looked too flat and dry. So I cranked all the spec up, and extra on the skin. I think if I crank the spec up even more on the armor, I'll be in business. But a little late now.

Also, I'm presently learning how to get this guy into Unreal, so I don't know if I'm going to bother screwing around with the Maya viewport anymore anyway.

Sorry this is so long. I do appreciate the comments.

ML

Character Artist
Gnomon Graduate
Doofus

Orc Assassin WIP
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/...fc4e2a8f_o.jpg
fishless is offline   Reply With Quote