View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #54
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Thanks for the comments guys. Here's the latest update. Still have lots to do, especially regarding the legs and how it transitions from rocky surface to a more liquidy one. Also, now that I have the city in place I'll need to play around with the scale some, as well as sculpt the mountain around the buildings a bit better.

I added in a quick paintover of the lava as well. I've been doing these paint-overs from time to time because it's been really tough to tell what the head's going to look like without being able to see how the bright lava will change the look. Still more to do but happy with the overall progress.

hulahuga: Yeah I've been experimenting with a few different techniques. I've got several different styles of rock across this dude, so it's nice to have a few different ways to make different looking rocks.

washka: I agree, I did adjust the size of the arm slightly, but with the buildings added on top it ended up giving it a lot more mass regardless.

Joseph Pomeisl: Hey Joseph, good to hear from you! Yeah, I've been kinda treating the character more as a scene, and it'll only go more in that direction now that the city is in place. I'm going to try and make sure the actual low poly model is setup as well as it can be for an animatable/riggable character, but for the sculpt this is the only way I felt comfortable getting the look I was going for.

GoodAtom: I did initially start with a default pose, but it became very difficult to get the shapes I wanted, given how I know I wanted the guy posed. I needed to get him into a basic position I was happy with before I really started getting into the sculpt. I'm going to try and setup the low poly model well enough that it could potentially be rigged/animated though, but I don't think I'll ever have this guy in a full T-Pose.
Attached Images

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote