View Single Post
Old 19-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #53
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
I would lie saying that I'm not impatient, that's youth's privilege.
But sometimes I'm myself reaaally slow when I evaluate or choose something, so in someway I can understand the judges's slowness.
And there is also 130 entries for 25 judges, and those are quality judges (I think), I've been looking the half part of the entries (I know there is a lot) and I've seen some really good ones, so it makes the sentence more interesting than one from a low numbered judge panel or from a low entries contest, so I can't really complain...
But I agree with you, maybe they should have annouced a preview selection without waiting on the vote from Corel and Wacom, but maybe they can't, (sponsor's stuff...) I don't know... But if they take too much time, it won't be a good publicity for them, you're totally right about that.
I don't know about reducing the judge's panel, I've never organized a CG contest, maybe It's just some organisation problem or lack of time, but I'm quite sure you right.
And don't worry, I'm convinced you're hurrying them, I won't reproach you anything because I know you're also waiting, just like us.
Maybe after the 25 april I'll make a thread asking the avatar's participants to make their own judgment (to choose one of the 130 entries other than theirs) because it's also interesting to get their point of view, with your permission can I? Or maybe it wouldn't be a good idea?

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote