View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #67
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
If I could type the whistle sound that construction workers make when they're hasslin' hot girls, I would - that is one sic looking model already! The blue highlights are a great idea, and overall, even though the texture shown is simple, it is totally working since the model is so damn detailed. Awesome looking machine, just all around. Though SR 6274 has a point - I'd like to see the texture dirtied up a bit. This isn't "Dominance Showroom floor" we're competing in - this is a war; he should look like he's been in one lately He should have blood on his feet and hands from all the demons and people he's squashed At the very least, put some dirt on that texture and see what people think.

My only other criticism is simply that, whenver you put anything on a pedestal, it starts to look like a toy. I believe this thing is supposed to be massive, correct? Is there anyway you can maybe do a blacked out silhouette of a person or something, put that on an alpha map, and attach it to the base - y'know, for size reference? Well, either that or change the camera angle - a "looking up" shot always makes something look bigger, while a eye-level or worse ("looking down") always makes them look smaller.

Remember though, I love the model And yes, I realize these are still just WIP shots. Just trying to think of constructive things to say, since *drool* isn't really one of them

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity

Last edited by VinsanityV20; 03-05-2009 at 08:08 AM..
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote