View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #65
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
{Sighs} it saddens me to see theses forums so dead, once upon a time they were so alive with entries new and old taking part in these challenges.

The main explanation for me leaving is two parts

Part 01 - I genuinely don't have the time anymore to dedicate the time and effort I used to in moderating and creating challenges, this is also down to having a wedding to plan for next year and enjoying quality time with my fiance and family.

Part 02 - Unfortunately my diabeties has caused problems in the last few months before christmas whereby I had to undertake laser surgery to my eye balls due to blood vessels bursting from high blood sugars, these have now been burnt away using the lazer, but also i have what is known as Macular Edema which has left my vision blurring and patchy in places and also I find somedays it almost impossible to focus properly, it's got so bad that I have now had to resort to claiming beneifts as I cannot work, as you could appreicate attention to detail is key to a graphic designer/3D artist and so until the eyesight get's better i'm a little lost.

At the most my eyesight is stabilsing but not got any better, i'm unsure if it ever will, I can see but reading is difficult etc., my diabeties is very well managed now and has been for some time, but it's the case that the damage was already done.

So believe me, if I could bring these challenges back I would, i miss them and i miss modelling.

But also don't be hard on Rocneasta, he is a busy man too with a full time job, it's just unfortunate that the delay has been this long though, i fear we have lost some participants now and forever

I do hope things pick up in the near future
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote