View Single Post
Old 29-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
hey mdale13, I like your arms suggestion ... it's making me wonder if we could have an anatomy challenge every now and again - choose parts of the body and sculpt them in really super cool detail? I mean, we could even keep it as simple as supplying a reference image/photo/drawing and everyone try their hardest to sculpt "the best". it would totally be devoid of imaginative creativity, but fantastic for developing sculpting skill and getting to grips with proportions etc...

I think bust sculpts when we provide the human proportioned character base mesh are great because you can jump straight into the sculpting work and not have to worry about starting from scratch - after all, these challenges are pretty short...

that's another thing open to suggestions: sculpting times. too long? too short? let us know what you think!

your other suggestions are also great; we've been thinking about non-organic challenges for a while but it's just getting the right topic isn't it ... definitely one to keep in mind! we were thinking thrones, altars - that kind of thing. so yep, non-organic suggestions also welcome!

basically, if people just throw their ideas into this thread then we'll always have something to check out and ponder over when we come to start the next challenge, so it's good for us, and you never know: you might even see your challenge suggestion up in the top news bar soon before you know it

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote