View Single Post
Old 20-07-2006, 12:22 AM   #7
tokai
binaryriot

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehumanuscrede
The wireframe rule. Here is where things can get a little tricky. Sometimes, I look at the end wireframe result of a model I am ready to submit. I look at it in ghosted / wireframe / solid wireframe modes. When deciding how to submit the model, I do so with the judge(s) in mind.
Exactly. Sometimes its a bit difficult to see things in normal wireframe mode, so chosing a solid wireframe mode might be better (no need for a wirerender here.. at least in cinema4d, can't tell for other applications).

ClassicGamers little bunny is a perfect example why you should post a non-solid wireframe when required: the little fellow has a tail.. you simply cannot see that in the wirerender or a solid wireframe shot.

Anyway... I usually post both a solid and a non-solid wireframe screenshot when required (see f.ex.: http://tokai.binaryriot.org/pictures...eamfurnace.jpg ). That way you cannot make a single thing wrong. If your model has nothing on the back a solid wire will most likely do, if you can clearly see how the model is build up (one mesh or build up from many parts, splines, etc.).

So for the rules I would continue to stick to the screenshot rule with all its (IMHO) positive points.

regards,
tokai

About the quality issue with the lines. I grab the screen in larger resolution, then load the screengrab into Photoshop, select the backdrop colour with the magic wand tool, inverse selection and copy'n'paste the now selected wire into my composition picture... after that use transform > scale tool to make it smaller. That way you get automatically a higher quality (a bit Unsharp Mask (50%-60%, 0.3 radius, 0 threshold) after scaling down helps further to improve look).

Last edited by tokai; 20-07-2006 at 12:26 AM..
tokai is offline   Reply With Quote