View Single Post
Old 30-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #112
Kage
Perfectionist...

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''The Z-5500 Speaker system'' was featured on the frontpage! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 5
I quite like GI, but yeah, it takes too long.

I find placement of standard lights can have as good an effect, yet I'm not too good at the lighting

That Fprime would really improve things though!!!

Thats something thats missing from any 3D program. The ability to see in real time, effects that on a CPU would take hours to render.

To allow you to see small changes without long render times (Something that I hate about 3D programs while working on them)

Thats what next generation of 3D programs need. Shame Fprime doesn't seem to be for Max.

We'll soon see hoefpully though, GPU's rendering complex geometry like the CPU does now, and rendering radiosity, GI in real time. Allowing you to work actually IN the GI environment, and not in a simplified version in REAL TIME

Imagine that? Your render would simply already be there, and you could still see polygons and that, but when you move around a light, you'd see the effects straight away!!!

That'd make working with 3D so much more easily, I tell you.

Finished Projects:
Z-5500 Speaker Set
Xbox 360S

Last edited by Kage; 30-08-2006 at 09:26 PM..
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote