View Single Post
Old 25-05-2009, 01:43 AM   #24
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
(sighs)

Well, I WAS hoping to become inspired, and do something that looked really original - something more like Corny47's excellent creature so far - but alas, inspiration just wouldn't come. And since this is a super short comp, I can't dwell on such things. I don't mind much; the pre-war mini comp was about practice for me, and the main comp was about testing out new things over originality, so why stop now

I'm basically just making a regal, armored kitty With two little horns on his head. Something to test out a new painting method on. I know the fundamentals when it comes to 2D, but never really finished anything to the point where it looked painterly, so it's all about the process for me. Again. I'm not super happy with the linework thus far, but who has time to go back in a mini comp? Just wanna barrel ahead and get to the painting in phase...

Also, gotta love the dual screens for something like this, where - if you're me at least - you're constantly looking at reference. I really liked this pic too because the lighting is so strong - if I don't have reference, my lighting will suck.

Comments:
Corny47: Seriously - that thing is badass looking, in terms of design and in terms of the rendering. You're a machine dude

Miycko: A dragon? Sweet - haven't seen enough of those lately, actually Looking forward to seeing more!

Resenhista: That's a cool idea - seeing a mechanical dog is gonna end up wicked. Nice going so far, man!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity

Last edited by VinsanityV20; 25-05-2009 at 01:46 AM..
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote