Thread: DirectX Shaders
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2008, 02:47 AM   #37
Chung Wong

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 4
Clever buzzy. I too hate having to make a million maps. Some shaders take up to 8 maps plus. Whats worse is that some require the map slots to be filled. Having said that (as I'm not trashing other shaders) They look lovely when they are filled in, but it's not suited for games. That's why this shader reign's supreme , and I find that everything just works which is very important to me. I hate working on stuff with doubt in my mind.

By the why, I know I've asked this before, but I remember you saying something about posting you skin shader at some point
Edit: I not sure there is a good way of mapping a spherical map... I'll give it my best shot if you like. How many poly's do you want in it? (like for the sphere that is) I'll have it ready for you sometime tomorrow if you want.

Last edited by Chung Wong; 30-11-2008 at 02:52 AM..
Chung Wong is offline   Reply With Quote