View Single Post
Old 29-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
2009: Challenge no.1 - Medieval Set Extension

Ok, I've decided what to do next

To put it shortly, I have this nice but overexposed picture I took in Toledo (Spain) (see bellow) and I want you to:

Step 1) Clean the plate of people and modern influence. Correct the exposure. Add a more interesting sky.

Step 2) Send it some 300 years in the past aka recreate a medieval feel. Feel free to DO whatever you want like adding a castle in the back or some mountains. You DO NOT have to stay consistent with the location so go wild!

The only thing you NEED to KEEP is the gate.

IMPORTANT:
Please feel free to extend this image, don't limit yourself to that area! You could take the camera further and make it stand on a cliff or extend the city walls & view...Important is to keep the Gate perspective and view.

Step 3) To spice things up, make a day to night transition. Don't forget about artificial light sources such as torches on the gate or lit windows!!

IMPORTANT:
If you do not have time for this step, feel free to submit the daytime version as final. I will appreciate more however a complete entry.

RULES

Rule no.1 : Everyone must make a wip thread

Rule no.2 : Everyone must CLEARLY show progress on each step; eg don't show us final result, we want to see step 1 - cleaning , step 2 - daylight medieval scene , step 3 - day to night

Rule no.3 : If you don't follow rule no.1 or 2 you are disqualified.

I won't post a clear deadline, even tho the goal is one month, but I will let this challenge open until we have at least 10 entries.

Link to HIGH-RES image

Remember: The Gate is the live plate where actors will play (hypotethical) and the rest is up to you to modify (set extension)

Have fun!

Last edited by Suirebit-3DT; 31-01-2009 at 02:13 PM..
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote