View Single Post
Old 22-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #47
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Question on the No Cartoon rule: Is it for both 3d and 2d? AND where is the line between Cartoon and Stylized? Sorry but this one is really ambiguous IMO. If they want everything photo-realistic, hyper-realistic or whatever then need to call out what style they want the comp to have.

Cartoon has a lot of variation too. There is the Funny Papers to Comic Book and more, ALL can be called Cartoon and all could be called Comic etc. So lets get a definition on what style of Cartoon they mean, because I would bet that a really good "superhero-esque comic book" styled entry wouldn't get any crits even though it is technically a cartoon. The examples given are 2D Funny Paper like Cartoons, I could assume then that that style is what they mean by "Cartoon" and that 3D funny paper cartoon is okay since it is only 2D.0 But Spiderman and Superman where in the funny papers too, so they are 2d "Cartoon," too... see where I am going.

Sorry to nitpick this one but style is very important.

Last edited by dhin; 22-03-2011 at 01:10 PM..
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote