View Single Post
Old 19-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #92
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Cheers guys thanks for the comments. Finished up the model/texturing here and did a preliminary lighting pass. I think I'll probably end up toning it down a bit for the final image it's coming off a little loud right now.

The final poly count is 12500 dead on. I was about 1000 over after building the low poly, but waited until I finished texturing and and all the elements in the scene before I optimized it down to the required level.

Wish I could do something better with the logo than just placing it on one of the towers, but I really can't find any suitable place to put it on my character. Having the lava form the logo doesn't sit right design wise for me. My only other thought was to have it carved into the mountain, but any attempt at that still made it feel out of place. I'll be sure to have a few good close ups of the city so that the logo is clearly viable in the final images.
Attached Images

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote