View Single Post
Old 27-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 5
Tom, that's fantastic. It needs a little layout work (particularly thumbnail size/organization), but everything is there, and that's the hardest part!

I noticed you're wanting to start with no limit, but let me mention something. If you DO decide you need to limit, you can prevent mass downloading/stockpiling by restricting downloads to one at a time, and no more than one download every 30 seconds. For regular users, like myself, that browse for textures when we're looking for something specific, this restriction would impose no frustration.

It's easy enough to implement in PHP, if you have a skilled coder. If not, I would be happy to 'give back' by developing it for you (though I'm sure you all would have no problem).

Anyhow, thanks again!