View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #21
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Send a message via Yahoo to hammering3D
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4

For 3DTOTAL Staff

When competition pass by and more ppl join I find more and more dificult to vote, and I think if the competition go foword it will be more dificult.
In camel compettion I really not satisfied with my vote, and brake my soul in two,
It was unfair to leave out from voting the extreamly hi detailed models, but if I vote for them I leave outside the simple but verry funny and perfect entrys that give a big smile on my face,
But if I read the guidelines and undestearn it I think my votes where with them, but even that is true how to ignore that amazing models with so perfect detailes ?

The guidelines sond like that:
What are we looking for?
Funny and humourous entries which break the animal down to its most recognizable components, enphasize these in whichever ways you think best and render your stylized/abstact/cartoon masterpiece.

So if I undestern right, we must make the animal simple but perfect and when U look at it U'd say WOW that is a funny CAMEL, etc. And I think sometime is harder to make something simple with few details but reconizable and with nice expresion, (and I think that stylization si abut) than very complex and detailed and reconizable and with nice expresion.

So if I undester right, some verry hi detailed images that where post in this and past chalenges not break the animal down to most reconizable part, but some time add more details that real animal have.

... and my questions is what to vote ? ... I can't ignore the nice and detailed artworks some ppl made, but that simpe and funny entryes that make silly animals really makes my day and I prefer them in this competition ...

Sorry for beeing anoing, but I'm not complaining, just want to be fair or to undestern better the guidelines, and first of all sorry for my english and hope U undestern the ideea of what I write.

hammering3D is offline   Reply With Quote