View Single Post
Old 23-03-2009, 04:07 AM   #25
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Pomeisl View Post
If I read your concept correctly, you're planning on see-through, glowing forearms. If that's the case 1) awesome 2) how are planning on pulling that off? Really nice character.
Yup that's what I'm going for. I was watching Hollowman the other day and thought it would be an interesting direction to take. Not to mention I can still show off all that surface anatomy instead of covering it up with more clothing.

All I need is a transparency map to cut out where I want the see-through parts to start and the SSS to end. A simple ramp shader should be able to give me a see-through like effect where the silhouette is still visible but gets less opaque towards the center. I plan on modeling any visible bones inside (which will glow). Right now I'm set on doing this to at least one hand and forearm. Possibly more, like parts of the chest and legs all depending on how many polys I have left. Think I could use it as a way to break the symmetry as well.

I also am thinking about making veins visible.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote