View Single Post
Old 15-04-2009, 06:05 AM   #38
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
I say bottom left; the dark blue is a Threedy Color, so I gotta go for that for the armour. The orange is interesting - it is the compliment for blue, plus it's METS COLORS! (I'm a New Yorker, sorry) - but too bright right now. Play around with various shades of those, unless you're going for cartoony, stylized, or some other variation of non-realistic.

The purple and green are garish; unless he's insane, in which case it's fitting. Think, the Joker -- unlike blue and orange, purple and green clash, which implies an "imbalance" in your character. Your character doesn't look insane, so I can't say I like it - it just doesn't fit.

The red and blue isn't bad honestly, but less original. How many demons are red in this comp?

The purple and gray doesn't "pop" as much as any other color choice, though that could be because of the gray.

Either way you go, I just wanna say that the character looks cool! Always a fan of goat- or centaur-esque characters, and your guy looks pretty badass in that respect. It's a very clean model and I love the horns. Definitely bookmarking this thread; gotta keep an eye on this one!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote