View Single Post
Old 25-12-2009, 06:35 AM   #4
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
You should put up more renders man, from different angles. No offense, but you seem pretty inexperienced, which means you're doing some stuff like really flat feet and hands. you should show that kinda stuff off, so people here can give you some good advice.

I can definitely tell you though that you should have made some model sheets. Your model lacks volume; the limbs (and neck) are just blobby, chubby forms. If you had a great design in 2D on model sheets, you could really pull out those forms on the 3D model.

Also, certain areas, like the pelvis and shoulders, need to have edges cut in a certain way so they'll rig correctly. Check out this site that someone suggested for me. It REALLY helped out the pelvis on my character, which I rushed initially:
http://www.pig-brain.com/tut02/tut02_01.htm

Make sure you get your low poly skills down before you even think about high poly sculpting in Zbrush man! It's not gonna be an instant fix for some core problems - far from it, it'll likely exacerbate any problems in your mesh. Take a look at, and do a ton of tutorials (like this one: http://3dtotal.com/pages/tutorials/m...c/joanmenu.php) to learn some tricks and get your skills up to par man!

Good luck though, and keep at it bro! Oh, and Merry Christmas/Happy New Year/Happy Holidays!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity

Last edited by VinsanityV20; 25-12-2009 at 09:15 AM..
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote