>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'

Old 19-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #31
Aleks
Silky smooth

Send a message via ICQ to Aleks Send a message via MSN to Aleks
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My latest model got plugged. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 10
About the perspective... I wouldn't write about it if it was ZBRush 2,but we are talking 3.0 here The new version has the perspective that works similar to MAX,Mudbox etc, in other words-as it should.To enable it, go to the Draw menu and Press "Persp" (stands for perspective ) or simply hit the "P" key on the keyboard.After that play with the FocalLength to get the right look.I usually set it to something around 70-80...That's it
Old 19-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #32
dhruvsm

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Thumbs up Thnax!!!

hey Aleks...thanx a ton for providing me with a that piece of information...wow...thats perspective in Zbrush itself!!!...i didn't cheked the menus properly...(lazy me)...and i neither got this info in any online documentations or tuts as part of a new features as this was definitely not there in z2.....

anyway...thanx again!!!...
dhruvsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 04:24 PM   #33
Aleks
Silky smooth

Send a message via ICQ to Aleks Send a message via MSN to Aleks
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My latest model got plugged. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 10
Actually,there was a perspective in 2.0 and as far as I remember,to enable it you had to do the same thing It just that there wasn't any FocalLength to adjust it and it only worked when you were out of the Edit mode
Anyways,keep those updates coming
Old 04-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #34
dhruvsm

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Smile

hey aleks...thanx for that info...hmm...never cheked that out, but i think z3 perspective thing is cool...!!!

so here's a liitle update with the hairs...pretty wip at this moment as needs lots of tweeking....and i cann't even render him with the complete body and the displacment map on right now as my comp is dying while rendering...so just a simple copy of the head with a base lambert shader and the hairs for the feel....!!!

C&C are very much welcome...!!!

cheers...!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #35
DennisVR

amazing work on the body. I think his head is lacking the same level of detail as the body. Somehow the head doesn't seem to go with the body.

just my 2p
DennisVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #36
Untamed
Insane detail club

Send a message via MSN to Untamed
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Really enjoyed reading through this thread, nice work. I like it
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:57 PM   #37
dhruvsm

Awards Showcase
Smile

hey DennisVR...thanx for ur inspiring words!!! as for the head, these closeup shots are without the zbrush details or displacment map as it was harder to render with the hairs together...as soon as i finalised the hair setup, i'll try to render with everything on...!!! but u can view one closeup of the head from a zbrush screen grab for some details according to the rest of the anatomy...!!

theres one more over all level in zbrush to go for all the superficial details...!!!

hey Untamed...thanx to u too...i'm really happy that u liked the thread...thats really inspiring to keep this going!!!

cheers...!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 AM   #38
jeremiah_bigley
Modeler

Awards Showcase
you have done some awesome work on this project man. I have to say it has really been bugging me without the hair, but now that it is all coming together I think this is going to look really nice.
jeremiah_bigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #39
5th_sun
Banned.

this character is awesome keep up the good work
5th_sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #40
AndreNL

Send a message via MSN to AndreNL
realy awesome. can't wait to see it finished.
AndreNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #41
dhruvsm

Awards Showcase
Smile update...!!!

hey Jeremiah_Bigley...thanx for ur words...yeah, finally he is going to have some hairs!!!...though i'm having some problems tweeking and rendering both the hairs and displacement together at the same time....hope i'll be able to combine them both for a final composition....lol...!!!

hey 5th_sun...thnx for visit and kind words...!!!

hey AndreNL...thnx to u too...i hope i'll be able to finish him as soon as possible...!!!

here's a small update...

i tried to correct the back muscles as well as make the forearms thinner as mentiond by aleks...hmm...and also softned the deltoid area...
i need to go one more level in zbrush and do some more detailings...

C&C are kindle welcome...!!!

cheers...!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #42
dhruvsm

Awards Showcase
Smile update...!!!

some update...worked on the skin-fold details on the palms, fingers....

and also changed the lower chin and the lower lip...made it bigger and prominet...add some veins on the neck and temple area on head...wrinkles on the outer corner of the eyes, cheeks....

C&C are very much welcome...!!!

cheers...!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #43
giobianco

compliments...! beautiful job…

good job..

bye bye
Old 01-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #44
HansKa

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
very nice job. The hands look excellent, except the big space between the nail and the.. uhm, skin over the nail :P
Very good modeling overall. But I think the eye area needs some work. Looks a little odd.
Visit mudbox3d.com/forums/ They have an awesome thread explaining how the eyes should be.. it's an anatomy, also visit Ricky Mujica's anatomy of art forum! It's great!
http://www.theartofanatomy.com/

Cheers
Old 04-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #45
dhruvsm

Awards Showcase
thanx...!!!

hey giobianco...thnax for dropping by and ur kind words...!!!

hey HansKa...thanx a ton for pointing out the things and also for refering those great resources...!!!