>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'

Old 02-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
Bracer

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Evangelion - Omega Pose was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
Talking Project Evangelion

Hey guys

I'm currently getting myself involve in my personal Evangelion project.

As you can see it's still in it's early R&D stages[still 2D for the time being].

Early as it is, I still believe it's a good time to share

I've created a site just for this project, everything is in it's very early stages.
Pardon the quality.
http://www.bracercom.com/ProjectEva/
Attached Images

Last edited by Bracer; 24-08-2008 at 08:44 PM..
Bracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
m4d3
Cthulhu's Apprentice

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! 
Hell yeah, i love neon genesis evangelion, im trying to model test type one too, keep it up!
m4d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Star_Scream
The Nerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Nice, i watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and liked it very much, give us some updates
Star_Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
frostsnake

updates??
frostsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
Bracer

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Evangelion - Omega Pose was linked from the frontpage! 
================================================== =======
m4d3:
I love neon genesis evangelion,
I'm trying to model test type one too, keep it up!
Cool, m4d3, I advise you open a thread too to share your progress, we could exchange modeling pointers.

Star_Scream:
Nice, I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and liked it very much,
give us some updates.

frostsnake:
updates??
I can't possibly focus on this 24/7 guys
However you can check out the website I've created just for this project
I treat Evangelion very seriously, a website just for it is in order.
http://www.bracercom.com/ProjectEva/
In this site you will get to see the step by step sequence of how I draw the Evas. I will definitely update this forum at the same time I update my site, but some little things not extremely relevant will not be in the forum.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
Bracer

Awards Showcase
A quick sketch of an ideal that I will finalize in 3D someday.

Just in case you are wondering why is it that I come up with things like this,
the short answer is I'm mentally retarded. Ha Ha Ha
Old 07-09-2007, 04:42 AM   #7
chun
Krabby

Send a message via MSN to chun
Great sketches dude, hope you get started on it soon.

I'm not much of an EVA fan, I preferred Rahxephon better.

http://www.rahxephon.fr/Mecha/images/rahxephon0.gif
Old 29-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #8
Bracer

Awards Showcase
===============================================
chun:
Great sketches dude, hope you get started on it soon.
I'm not much of an EVA fan, I preferred Rahxephon better.
===============================================
Never watched that Anime Chun, but I'm curious, does the wings on the head makes it fly...cause...it seems strange... ha ha ha

The design of the Eva-01 & 02 Head is really unique in my personal opinion though my favorite is the Eva-00 head design.
They manage to create the illusion of “Creature encased in technology” without making it look too “Gross”.

Throughout the modeling of the head, my number one priority is to make sure all edges, even the sharpest ones, are filleted to catch highlight even in the most unlikely situations.

I had been successful at maintaining the “Fillet perfect geometry” philosophy with this head.

I’ll try my best to maintain this philosophy throughout the rest of the body modeling process.

Last edited by Bracer; 29-10-2007 at 02:49 PM..
Old 29-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #9
sarN

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #96 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place is SMC #36 
Total Awards: 9
hey bracer, you are ery talented and have some very nice work. and thank GOD you stopped doing that Thing Where You Capitalize Every Word!
sarN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #10
neokyubi
Paramedic

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarN View Post
..and thank GOD you stopped doing that Thing Where You Capitalize Every Word!
haha xD that just made me laugh xD xD xD
nice EVA, however the texturing makes it hard to see. maybe the background should not be too similar witht he foreground.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #11
Bracer

Awards Showcase
sarN:
Hey Bracer, you are very talented and have some very nice work.
Thank you sarN

Thank GOD you stopped doing that Thing Where You Capitalize Every Word!
Well, I'm one of those that's slow on adjusting

neokyubi:
The texturing makes it hard to see, maybe the background should not be
too similar with the foreground.
That WAS the intention neokyubi

After all those time spend on modeling, texturing and weighting vertices to achieve good deformation, I’m proud to say I finally own an Evangelion Model !

Oh My God I’m going crazy, it so exciting !
Now I can play with it ! YEHHHHHH !

Seriously, all I like about 3D is the Playing/Posing & Rendering part, every other thing is just …. Ha ha ha! Oh my God I’m so happy !

My OWN EVANGELION 3D model !!!
My going crazy now ! ha ha ha

I went to my favorite pasta place to celebrate my mini dream fulfilled but I can’t stop thinking about playing with it !

One idea went through though, depicting the battle between Eva-01 & Bardiel.

Here’s a quick sketch I’ve drawn with all the pasta sauce photoshoped out ;p

I know I’m suppose to continue modeling the Eva-00 & 02 but thinking about that just kind of make me want to throw up, I don’t want to model anymore I just want to play with it ! I’ll do it when I do it ! Ha Ha Ha

Last edited by Bracer; 06-11-2007 at 10:52 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 06:18 AM   #12
Bracer

Awards Showcase
Something terrible have happen, after spending one whole week building the assets for this scene, getting the clouds just right, calibrating the lighting and mapping the terrain to achieve realistic displacement all in 3DS Max, everything is gone.

Yes, gone, something happen, I’ll keep it simple here, suffices to say everything I’ve work on for the past one week is gone. Not even undelete can save it.

It’s Gone, I can’t believe it, but it’s gone.

I’ll not be working on this project for now, I’ll take it as a sign to move on, I have a number of client projects coming my work that I have to deal with…

I still can’t believe it’s gone…
Old 12-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #13
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
geez... tough luck dude . Did you erase it by accident or there was a problem with the pc?
Old 13-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #14
Bracer

Awards Showcase
Please don't take it personally DaddyDoom, but I really don't wish to talk about it anymore...it's gone...it's all gone....
================================================== ===========

Because of the shear reason of “accountability”, I have to atleast put a decent goodbye to the people that had been following this Project Evangelion of mine.

So I present to you the only assert that is not whip out by the malfunction, the Eva-01.

Until next time, Project Evangelion is now officially on hold. 14 November 2007.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #15
Bracer

Awards Showcase
Talking

It’s been a while since this project was stopped, 6 Months & 19 Days to be exact.
Now that my teaching contract is over, I’m back to the freelance life style and with it the time to work on my own stuff again.

Time to have fun and relax again !
Back to my favorite Evangelion !
I’m so excited !

Last edited by Bracer; 26-08-2008 at 07:00 AM..

Tags
anime, bracer jack, bracercom, eva, evangelion