>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'

Old 13-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Send a message via Yahoo to hammering3D
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
Crazy Cartoons

Hello

My girlfriend like very much the cartoons Phineas and Ferb and I wish to model them for her.
What do U think ? I think I need more work on Ferb (the green hair guy) but I enjoy Phineas very much

Here is an image of the cartoons for who don't know them.

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/cart...s-and-ferb.jpg
Attached Images

Last edited by hammering3D; 18-12-2009 at 12:43 AM..
hammering3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 01:27 AM   #2
Robbert543
Mental Raytard

Send a message via MSN to Robbert543
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 
Total Awards: 3
indeed, Ferb is not really ferb. Phineas is spot on!
by the way.. I LOVE your shaders

Are you also going to make Perry the Platypus?
Old 13-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
thank U,

the shaders are vray materials with falloff, and vray toon enabled in enviroment for the outline. ( I share the seatings if someone need)

I think if I get Ferb to look like Ferb, I give a try to Perry and maybe I will redo an image from the cartoon, maybe the one I put in for reference.
Old 13-12-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Long time ago when I was very rusty at modeling, now I getting to rember how to do it I model the guys from Chowder, but I need to fix them allot or even redo Chowder.
maybe I will make and image with all of them and model Shnitzel to.

The cartoons

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/G...s/Chowder1.jpg

http://www.tvsa.co.za/blogimages/car...howder_300.jpg
Attached Images

Old 15-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
Bobbo

Hey hammering3D, when I saw that you modeled Phineas and Ferb I made an account just to show you my model of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. I am no the best at organic modeling and also have never played with toon, but after seeing your renders im thinking about it. p.s. My lighting blows..
Attached Images

Bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
hehe, very nice one Bobbo, I like it
I am not good at organic to, only simple cartoons and stylized things like those
If U have more cartoons U can post them here if U want

What software U use? I use 3ds max and vray, if U have the same I give U my scene to merge u'r model in or give u the idea of the shaders to adapt in u'r software if u like my renders.

btw welcome to 3dtotal forums, U can spend time in here more is a greate forum.
Old 16-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #7
Bobbo

I use Maya, it has its own toon rendering but I dont know how well it is. Otherwise i just use Mental Ray for rendering. I dont have any other cartoon models right now, but I am modeling Cap'n Crunch..

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ed=0CCcQsAQwAw

I'll post a screen when I'm finished with the model!
Old 16-12-2009, 01:41 AM   #8
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
oh nice, really wait to see it finish.

My scene and shaders are simple. Just GI for the scene no extra light to lose some details on character and make it look more 2d.
The shaders are just normal materials and using falloff for diffuse color to soft the color a little.
And the outline in Phineas and Ferb render are made using vray toon render but I know that maya have something like this to in it's toon render (stroke or outline).
Old 16-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
exigaen

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
yeah, its has a vector renderer, or mental ray contour shading which can give some pretty interesting results.
Old 18-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #10
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
I have a Christmas scene in my head. I want to make it a nice scene, for Christmas card, or something like this.

this is what I think at so far (the pig will replace the santa's reindeer)
Attached Images

Old 18-12-2009, 01:48 AM   #11
Bobbo

Haha nice! Good idea! Put them on a rooftop or something. A barn?
Old 18-12-2009, 01:49 AM   #12
D R E A M N T

Send a message via AIM to D R E A M N T
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I like how clean everything looks.
D R E A M N T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #13
eydi
Freelancer Illustrator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammering3D View Post
Long time ago when I was very rusty at modeling, now I getting to rember how to do it I model the guys from Chowder, but I need to fix them allot or even redo Chowder.
maybe I will make and image with all of them and model Shnitzel to.

The cartoons

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/G...s/Chowder1.jpg

http://www.tvsa.co.za/blogimages/car...howder_300.jpg
Nice job
Old 11-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #14
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Hilarious .

My little brother actually watch those guys (phineas and ferb), and he's five

Nice modeling!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #15
SenJun