>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery

Old 06-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #286
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
No, unfortunately nothing alive can survive in my room. Might be my aura of anger or something :P I'm still looking for my girlfriend - not sure she disintegrated or just moved back to her home. Glad I could bring a smile to you. I really like your strokes (and I mean that in the most artistic, manly, non gay way). Can't wait to see how this works evolves.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #287
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Hula: I've already been looking a bit their work, I had some classes about art a few years ago, and sometimes I go to painting exposition. You like those artist?

Thanks for your nice comment, it goes to my heart.
I hope you'll bring her back Avatar, or find a survivor.
The anger is bad company, but she always comes and possess us sometimes provoked, sometimes unexpected. After the tempest we still can try to pick the broken pieces, that's all unfortunatly, even mastered she'll always try to escape.

New one, I started to paint over a photo, a future pin-up witch, the jpeg washed out my colors:
Attached Images

washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #288
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Yeah I attended some art classes as well at the national museum a while back, they were quite interesting (mostly geared towards making it yourself though).
But back t the point, I do like all of their styles, and Warhol appeal to me as well. The reason I said it though was because they are the most famous surreal painters to date (...unless I forgot someone )

I like the eyes on the latest one

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #289
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
There is a lot more, I don't know all of them, Dali, Magritte, Ernst... They're not always famous anyway so...

I'm not a big fan of Picasso and Warhol but I respect their work, they were talented artist and their work opened new gates.

You followed those classes because you want to make some new art style/movement?
I think one of the central point of those art movement it's the challenge, questionning the current meaning of their respective society.

Today we got pop art bro!
And conceptual art, abstract art, modern art, contemporary...

I wonder how previous movements like art nouveau, pointillism, cubism, impressionism, expressionism or surrealism could made those, and I forgot a lot.

Too much movements kill da movement.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #290
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Very nice anatomy work and skin color tones on this last one. Sexy too. Now you're gonna have to change your thread name and warn of nudity. I love boobs like the next man but this are the thread's rules. I wonder why are people so scared about them, we usually see one up close from a very early age. Must be those damned guys that grew up with a bottle stuck under the nose.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

www.avatarart.com
Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #291
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
i hav'nt got the time to check all your pages, but i like the last image alot. Very sexy indeed.
You got a very caotic paint style. Fast, scribly, blurry strokes. But i actually likes it. I think it looks great, so keep on working with that style, and keep experimenting with things
MStandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #292
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Well isn't that a movement in itself?

But well the reason I attended the course was to learn the different techniques and underlying thought processes as much as possible so that I can apply it in similar ways myself

WIP
Old 07-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #293
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Avatar-3DT, I've added just now a "Warning nudity" tag on my first post, but it doesn't change the title onto the forum thread list.
And I think there will be more nudity ones in the future because I want to learn a bit more about anatomy. I was thinking about the tag when I did the post, but it completly got out of my mind, thanks you there Avatar. I hope I haven't offended too much people. I know they're underaged children here. I apologize for my recklessness.

Can you help me to add the tag, I don't know what else I can do???

Maybe you'll even (have the luck to) see some nude old granny with those hanging and crumbling fleshes and skins... Or some grandads. (You never know what will come next with me)

Thanks MStandar, I like to experiment, sometimes I got sh*t results, sometimes I got nice ones. And my approach of technique is caotic, but here I'll make some conceptual shortcut with what Hula said, in some way it's also a technique. Hope I can do better next time.

Dr. Hula, it is, what I said was a bit ironical and humorous, but it's sad.
In my opinion, real artist should be or could be closer to people, they're loosing themselves in their art, making art for other artist, not for the common people.
And in CG, it seems it's quite the same. Making image with big technique for other professionals. Technique evolve that's nice and I'm happy it does, but people forget that it has a purpose, basically technique is just a tool, it doesn't contain anything, it's empty.
I won't go further there because I'll be talking about money again, and it's really sad. Sad world, and so empty. I don't want to kill da mood here.
So go back on artistical movements, wich one do you like the best? Surrealistic ones?

About anatomy and the skin tones Avatar, it's still the photo, not my work. I've not this realistic level for fleshes, my anatomy skills are still quite low, and I know it's a lot of work.

I've just been working onto the face (it's not the original one), the clothes/colors, the belly, I've erased the original background, and I've not finished the painting over yet... I've still got lot's of work to do onto there.
[Warning contain nudity]
Here is the photo source , I should have also given my reference before. I found this image while I was doing a web image research for another work. All started with this, some witch mood, and me thinking about some nice posing, and the irony it's that I think that maybe the crown'll disapear:
Attached Images

Last edited by washka; 07-01-2011 at 07:24 PM..
Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #294
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Last time I was doing anatomy work was something like 2 years ago.
Maybe if I'm lucky enough I'll get some real nude again those first month of da year during my classes.

Two years ago, full of mistakes:
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #295
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Yeah I got that it was a bit ironical but I wanted to continue down that road so the speak

Oh btw when you talk about that art should be for the people... The -isms that define our cultural history actually shifted in their focus over time. Some developed for the crowd and just main population whilst others focused on a cultural elite... Which I would say is a rather interesting thing to study

And regarding movements in art; I can't really say right away...
I have a bit more defined taste in literature but I haven't really gotten into art "enough" to say a statement that can be kept . I like the amazing likenesses that say Rembrandt can capture, the scope of Michelangelo, fantasy of the surrealists, color use of Warhol. What I might not like on the other hand is the stale portraits, fat, pinkish oversize bodies, the lack of vision in contrast to say Michelangelo and finally ordinary pop art.

There are no black and whites...

WIP
Old 08-01-2011, 12:52 AM   #296
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Hope you got me right, when i said caotic paint style, it's not a bad thing, its actually a really intresting approach on the paintings.

well frogott to say, but thanks for posting these pictures , I got my motivation to learn drawing and painting back.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:33 AM   #297
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Thread name changed. Decent sketches - the first one's head is too big and the feet too small. And I did see granny titties, old people are the hardest to sketch and often choose exactly for the hanging skin and the motherload of wrinkles. In time the nude sketching session in any art school kind of shatters all your conventional views about beauty and makes you realize how shallow we usually are.
Do sketch more, it will give you a better understanding of the human body (actually is why nude sketching exists). If you have a willing friend ask to model for you. If you can afford to pay, pay a model. If the both above fail, thank go the web is full of naked people. Its not the best approach or the best way - model face to face with some natural light is the best way I would say - but it will do.

www.avatarart.com
Old 08-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #298
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
Like avatar said, internet is full of naked people, one site im actually use when it comes to gesture drawing, is this one, http://pixelovely.com/tools/gesture.html
You can set the time every image will be shown (30sec - 10 minutes) and after that, it will change to a new one. Hopefully with another gesture.
I also use this one, but i dont think it's as good as the other one, well that depends on what you are doing. If you are just training gesture drawing like i am, i think it is very good to have a set time limit, to press yourself to become faster and faster. Because its easy keep on working on something for ever if you dont have a time limit. On the plus side here you can choose what image you want to draw from yourselft. And there is no time limit on the images. http://characterdesigns.com/index.ph...page=photosets
There you have a menu with around 30 diffrent photosets, there should be more then enough, to satisfy anybodys drawing needs.

And good start on those sketches, keep it up

Last edited by MStandar; 08-01-2011 at 12:55 PM..
Old 08-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #299
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Oh btw when you talk about that art should be for the people... The -isms that define our cultural history actually shifted in their focus over time. Some developed for the crowd and just main population whilst others focused on a cultural elite... Which I would say is a rather interesting thing to study
Yes, it is. Stratification. But it's a bit a waste, it should be open for everybody, but here again with some restraints as Avatar hightlighted

(I understand that you're applying your autority so the thread rules are followed man, don't worry, and I'm not stupid enough to misunderstand their utility. I'm innatentive sometimes :/, my bad. Thanks you for the Tag change!).

In some organized and decent way => I've nothing against tags, if they don't stick to me too much. And I promote a thoughtfully art diffusion using for exemple [Parental advisory] when it's necessary. I'm not against certain forms of censorship when there are good reasons.
On my thread, there could be a [Parental advisory].

Don't make too much statements Hula, points of view change with life and taste changes. I hated manga until I got 18 because I was thinking the drawing was so poor. Then I discovered some great ones, changed my mind, and now I appreciate the style.
Quote:
There are no black and whites...
Agree. But what I was saying that concern a big majority of those movement it's that I think that they're encircling themselves. (There we could said, that's the definition...) Not completly because we're on an era of exchanges, but again I think this self-centered vision is a bit sad.

I got you right MStandar, and I take it as a compliment and I assumes my way of doing things. A lill' story for you, don't take it too seriously:

Once I said to one of my friend: "Chaos is some kind of order that you just can't understand". I said that to him because I've been working a bit on chaos construction, usually you just try to disrupt a predeterminate order. But often, with a simple rule you can get back to a new order (it can be different from the previous one).
In fact I believe that chaos and order are indivisibles, just an idea
I think that the approach that separate their existence is kinda wrong because it's when you separate things that you define a difference between them. Now I won't go further because that is completly against the scientific empirism of our modern era, and people will just think I'm crazy. xD
Even if I don't give a sh*t if they do so, everybody is a bit crazy.

Thanks a lot for the model picture links, I'll use those for ref and practice. Even if I always said that in a photo there is already a focal and a perspective different from your eye and that like Vatsel said: "Go make still/real life", it's the best, practice is always good.

If you've got your motivation back that's good, basic fuel.
Best things that allow you to progress are hard work from yourself, critics from people (and accept those/correct), and then maybe achievement.

Avatar: And upper arm from right one is too slim, shadows are low, line isn't clear, not enough volume...
I completly agree with you about sketching old people (same for fat/slim, you can also try some children, then other mammals or animals) The academical approach is quite interesting, it learns a lot.
I hope I get some during my classes. And again thanks for tag change!

Here is one I did today, title: "Not far from Innsmouth"
With such title/hint, I bet that you can guess where does my inspiration come from?
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #300
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
H.P Lovecraft.

Im not sure about what it should resemble, For me it's, some old man with spikey hair, and gandal beard, being hunted down by some creapy ass monsters. But i like it

Last edited by MStandar; 08-01-2011 at 11:08 PM..

Tags
illustration, nexus, painting, speedpainting, washka