>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'

Old 01-03-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Wheel Jack - Retro Style

Right i had a discussion going about transformers and with my recent problems with rendering i am not at a loose end.. so rather than wait around i thought thats it i'll build a more classical transformer.. Not none of these american cr*p cars...

i'm gonna start off by building the car model.. once i have this constructed to the right level of detail that i'm after i will then hopefully be in a better place to take character model..

the car itself is a 1970's lancier delta santos.. its a nice car as such... ]

but before i can do anything i need to get my research hat on.. as i dont nearly have enough images of reference..

(if you feeling bored and wanna search and help thats cool.. appreciated.. the more images the better huh)..
Attached Images

Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:49 AM   #2
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
found some cool images.. which is a good start..
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
i've decided that i'm gonna go some movies while making this.. to show what i'm doing and where i'm going with it..

and i'll put up the links to the locations as and when they occur..
Old 01-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
meowmeow
kittens go mew mew mew

yeah i love old school transformers. keep my eye on this thread
meowmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatmeowmeow! Thank you:
Neil_F01 (02-03-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
right well have started the car now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9DDTTfmw-s
Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
next vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmHS6a8Gt84
Old 03-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
I_AM_DAVE_COX
Professional Poly Pusher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
ah man I am not sitting there for an hour. Can you just post wireframes up?
I_AM_DAVE_COX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
i will at a later stage.. but i'm also recording my workflow..
Old 03-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
The Prime
Registered Abuser

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_F01 View Post
i will at a later stage.. but i'm also recording my workflow..
Why? Seems a little strange to document your work flow in such a way. You making a BBCThree documentary?

Don't get me wrong, it seems to be coming along quite well, and good luck to you with it.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
lovingsaskia

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
i can't decide if its a wip, a tutorial or both

nice work though, could never get used to using splines for cars.
lovingsaskia is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatlovingsaskia! Thank you:
Neil_F01 (03-03-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
its just a template.. it makes things easier i find...

and yeah its nice recording what you do.. yeah maybe everyone wont wanna watch the whole thing.. if they are like me they;d probably fast forward it... and jump around to see how it going..
Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #12
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
just taking a short break to do the smc at the moment.. i'll get back to this soon..
Old 27-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #13
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
finished off the spline cage..

but have a little work on at the moment.. plus am trying to do the dom of war as well.. so this is on back burner at the momet.. but i will be coming back i hope..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olZpOXYFsbk
Old 01-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
Cool on the road again..

cool.. thought i'd get back into this project today...
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #15
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
Red face update time

lol
Attached Images