>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'

Old 10-08-2003, 05:54 AM   #1
sarN

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #96 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place is SMC #36 
Total Awards: 9
Lightbulb Material Tests

Hey guys, sudden urge to learn how to make some cool shaders or materials lol
heres some of the things i liked that i came up with
the smallest one is my attempt at ttrying the translucency shader =/
tryin to learn more things in max rather than just modelling
feel free to post some of your materials here too
Attached Images

sarN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 10:25 AM   #2
insect

Hey, some of these look really nice.

Though I have no idea of where the max's translucency shader might be applied. It never works the way it should...

Here are a couple of mine:

Almost forgot to add: max's default scanline renderer and no extra plugins/scripts...

Sounds like this thread should be pretty fun if more people join in.

Last edited by insect; 10-08-2003 at 10:29 AM..
insect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 03:54 PM   #3
sarN

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #96 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place is SMC #36 
those are some freaky models insect~! lol
the material on them looks.... i dono i cant really explain it haha
yes, i think this thread would be pretty fun if more people joined in
Old 10-08-2003, 04:29 PM   #4
Jojomondag
Have too go on never stop

^^

too bad this thread is posted in work in progress then ; (

www.jojomondag.se
Jojomondag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 04:34 PM   #5
Emperor
Cookiefreak

Shaders! Shaders, all around !
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2003, 04:41 PM   #6
Emperor
Cookiefreak

well it should be ! so go post GO! Here is an other one of mine ! All custom made. No fancy buisness. I used Raytrace shader as base on all.
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2003, 04:52 PM   #7
sarN

Awards Showcase
lol the first one looks like a pokeball
i love the second one too
keep em comin guys!
EDIT
oops im slowwwww
lol your new ones look like some kinda candy
Old 10-08-2003, 05:01 PM   #8
Emperor
Cookiefreak

Yep..YUMMY SPEHERES!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 05:05 PM   #9
Yanik
Electrifying

What if we put all the shaders shown in this thread in a 3dstudio matlib file, like visualboo did in cgtalk.

This way some may learn how to create nice materials.

Just a idea.
Yanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 05:12 PM   #10
Emperor
Cookiefreak

Thats a great idea. We could take all the saders we make here like u said and put in a matlib like u said and then we maybe could get it up under free stuff on the 3dtotal website ! That way ppl can have a custom made library. It would be fun to see stuff like that. Maybe someone has brazil too so they make brazil specific shaders. Maybe other software then Max....

THERES NO EEEND TO THE POSSIBILITIES!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 05:19 PM   #11
sarN

Awards Showcase
i think its a good idea yanik
still trying to find something cool lookin... lol
Old 10-08-2003, 05:41 PM   #12
Aurorae
Auroraedelic

Just doing some brazil shader test, ill post later when its finished rendering

Why do they have an eject button on the remote, when you have to go and get the tape anyway?
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst
He who laughs last thinks slowest (usually me)
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?
If at first you dont suceed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Relying on a friend is much like relying on a parachute, if they’re not there the first time, chances are you’ll never need them again!
He who laughs last also laughs longest
If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
I am going to live forever - or at least die trying
You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Aurorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 05:44 PM   #13
PyrOmonkey

hehe, cool thread, here's my contribution, more to come soon
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2003, 05:46 PM   #14
sarN

Awards Showcase
whoaaaa love that pyromonkey!
i think i made something sorta neat... lol ill post in a minute
Old 10-08-2003, 05:57 PM   #15
sarN

Awards Showcase
heres the first time i tried using DOF
sphere inside a sphere, isnt that original?
i thought it looked sorta kool lol
Attached Images