>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'

Old 28-06-2004, 05:36 PM   #31
evan

im knew here. hi everyone. anyways. I would like to see like bumper stickers and kewl decals.
Old 29-06-2004, 04:53 AM   #32
Jamie

I didn't read through the rest of the thread so this may have already been mentioned.

My biggest problem is finding GOOD reference sheets like blueprints and detailed photos. Sure, the Internet has heaps of car pics, but the majority of them don't show what you REALLY need to see.

I know it would be impossible to include countless numbers of reference images on a texture CD, but I think it would be great if maybe you could get some specially comissioned shots of ONE car, that could be used for a project (the CD could be a basis for THIS car project, but also include stuff like paint mats, glass mats etc that could be used for other things).

Maybe find or hire a Lamborghini or Ferrari, a model that not many people have access to, and get photos (interior, exterior, engine, etc etc etc) that details every little nook and cranny. I just find that to get a car to look as realistic and accurate as the real thing, you really need reference. Anyone can just guess, but usually it just looks crap.

Just MO
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:05 PM   #33
erikN

yes, good carbon fiber textures would be real nice.

Maybe some mud textures and masks/weightmaps for them if you want to add some dirt on your car. Lets say if you make a rally car.

Some car decals would be nice too but maybe that would be ilegal. I'm talking about car brand and sponsor decals...
Old 06-07-2004, 02:26 AM   #34
tyio
Real Car Modeler

Send a message via MSN to tyio
track picture, and part for track, fit latticework on, track extension (the thing white and red)

ps: why didn't you answer my pm and mail ?

http://tyio.3dvf.net
tyio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:13 PM   #35
Orkron
Modelrater!

Send a message via AIM to Orkron
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
Originally posted by cgvideos
I have an i dea which might be hard to come by, but what about getting some very hard to find blueprints in high res. Like Holden and Ford (Australia) blueprints are nearly nowhere to be found, things like that would make people buy the cd as they cannot be found anywhere else. Also would it be possible to make a Texture DVD for the car version. It would be really good to have pre made scenes for the cars to be placed in aswell, such as a dealership, car wash, showroom, garage, driveway, etc.

I know a lot of people who would definetly buy the CD if it contained indepth tutorials (preferably video)

Also things that arent the easiest to model such as tyres are good, aswell as maybe some of the wheels from aftermarket companies would be good (such as BBS). Also would be some materials such as car paint, chrome, glass, plastic, leather, carbon fibre, wood grain, rubber, metal.

I'll try to think up some later.
For a HUGE selection of blueprints, go to:
http://www.suurland.com/

Download hdri maps at Orkron.com
Follow me on Twitter @Orkron

Orkron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2004, 01:22 PM   #36
mainframe

my wishlist

Hi,

things that were mentioned before:

- dwg/3ds for eg. wipers, antennas, mirrors, exhaustpipes
- "hirschfänger"...;-) well, I don´t know the english word: the chrome pipes that are on every truck- to protect to front...u know what I mean ??
- extended material lib: glass, chrome, brushed metal...
- tutorials: studiolightning, ext.lightning (hdri)
- maps: hdri maps or at least spherical sky maps
- brandlogos: bridgstone, michelin, goodyear...ferrari, bmw, mercedes,....
- enginepart or at least a whole lores engine
mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2004, 05:34 AM   #37
Rasyid

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My artworks  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 19 Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 18 
Total Awards: 4
another my wishlist

PLUS with some tips and tricks inside, i mean any very important point in modelling. xample like chamfer d edge *wheres should we chamfer d edge n wheres d part its not should chamfer d edge then d result when it smooth its bad or good, or how to controling d poly. maybe its small thing, but very important for modelling n real basic for start n develop d model.
(sorry for my english, i hope u understand what i mean )

Last edited by Rasyid; 13-10-2004 at 05:38 AM..
Rasyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 04:42 AM   #38
estamas

enginepart or at least a whole lores engine (???)
u only need engine parts if u make a model where its visible. heres my car model (audi A4 1996).
estamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2004, 02:32 PM   #39
dugun jeru

would liike to see turtorials for animating and basic modelling (ua unique style) add also materials for dirt, rustthread bare tyres and soi on, as well a techniques for getting dents and looks that show a repaired car, broken galss (lights), exhaust smoke and after burn,
Old 20-12-2004, 04:45 PM   #40
Sniper
Car modeler.

Send a message via Yahoo to Sniper
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
In case anyone hasnt noticed the car texture cd has been released. Its Volume 8 or V8... :d

I just say this cause I didnt know till I finally decided to have a look what cd's you can get.

Luke....