>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > BlizzardFest Challenge

Old 28-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #16
Tae

Animation contest

Hello,
this is my first time in 3dtotal forum. I'm animator and I really would like to participate in this contest.

I have a question maybe someone can help me.

In animation contest he already have chars to choose, we have to rig them?
We can ask to someone to rig them? how it works?

Thanks in advance!
Tae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 11:06 PM   #17
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tae View Post
Hello,
this is my first time in 3dtotal forum. I'm animator and I really would like to participate in this contest.

I have a question maybe someone can help me.

In animation contest he already have chars to choose, we have to rig them?
We can ask to someone to rig them? how it works?

Thanks in advance!
You would need to pick from the characters listed under the animation section of the brief. Then, you would need to rig them for the animation, not someone else.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 01:26 AM   #18
WLatchaw

so we do everything, sketch, modeling, rigging, animation, and a story?
WLatchaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 04:29 AM   #19
independhans

to face a choice, Since it is unlimited polycount I am tempted to go with Skeleton Hero, Service the King

Monsters a-o
Monsters o-z
independhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 04:49 AM   #20
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLatchaw View Post
so we do everything, sketch, modeling, rigging, animation, and a story?
if you are doing the 2d part of the challenge, you will just do what is required for 2d. If you choose to do the 3d part, then you can do a concept, but you do not have to, rigging and posing the model is up to you. For animation, you would need to rigg the model and then animate. No concept needed for the animation part.

Each part of the challenge is it's own challenge. You don't need to do all to enter.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 29-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #21
Sophiekhara

Hi guys. I am new to the forums but was shown the competition by a friend and I would really like to give it a stab. I've not done anything like this before, is there some sort of skill level requirement? I am looking to use this to push my abilities and basically make something showreel worthy. Most of my stuff is pretty stylised so I would like to push the realism aspect of this. Also how much can we help out one another as a team?

Thanks.
Sophiekhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #22
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Alright I'm going with this

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #23
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiekhara View Post
Hi guys. I am new to the forums but was shown the competition by a friend and I would really like to give it a stab. I've not done anything like this before, is there some sort of skill level requirement? I am looking to use this to push my abilities and basically make something showreel worthy. Most of my stuff is pretty stylised so I would like to push the realism aspect of this. Also how much can we help out one another as a team?

Thanks.
There is no skill level requirement, when it comes to teams. There are none. You work on this alone. But, people can "help", by pointing out errors, giving tips on how to do something, etc. Someone else just can't be the person making the changes for you.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 29-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #24
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
Alright I'm going with this

it fits you.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 29-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #25
Sophiekhara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG ToE-3DT View Post
There is no skill level requirement, when it comes to teams. There are none. You work on this alone. But, people can "help", by pointing out errors, giving tips on how to do something, etc. Someone else just can't be the person making the changes for you.
Thanks for getting back to me. I am thinking about maybe doing a female protoss dark templar, 3D challenge. Still thinking on it though.
Sophiekhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #26
Tae

Quote:
You would need to pick from the characters listed under the animation section of the brief. Then, you would need to rig them for the animation, not someone else.
Thanks!
Hum I'm not an expert rigging. It have to be me righT? ok. Let's see what will happen!
Tae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 03:15 AM   #27
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Waiting for Toe to man up and join the challenge....

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 04:05 AM   #28
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
I've never played any of these games, so I have no idea what a playable character, or npc is.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 30-07-2014, 04:57 AM   #29
independhans

Just need to commit to one Idea, i have dismissed about 7.
Medic -> make no sense to make it to hero I think.
dragonic mechanic is unique it is called in hearthstone it is Mr. Bitey.

Skeletons are to universal.

Ironforge Dwarf -> Armored better faster

Defender of Argus is so much armored can it be topped?

So far I have a few Idea base on
Gnome Agent Engineers Ghost,
Maybe Banshee -> Time Travel Machine.
Should be a little bigger would a little crew to do time jumps Battlecruiser?
Also High on my list was Rouge from Diablo 2, as well Necromancer
Old 30-07-2014, 05:01 AM   #30
independhans

Quote:
I've never played any of these games, so I have no idea what a playable character, or npc is.
It is irrelevant the Rules are update you can couse Playable characters, but where are already many ideas used on that characters.

You can just not use a Unique untits that have a Name like the Ghost Nova.