>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 24-10-2008, 07:48 AM   #31
cashfire

skullz

Well heres my entry I hope you all like it, i had alot of fun sculpting this..

cashfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #32
svetlo

Here is mine pumpkin. A bit sad because everyone thinks he is horrifying, but he is just a little spooky fellow.
Attached Images

svetlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #33
Siah

Ive got about an hour and 10 mins left. But this is it so far. I will probably use the next hour ive got to add some more, smaller, details.
Cheers

Siah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #34
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
thanks everyone for participating so far! and for those who haven't, there's still some time left so open up your ZBrush or Mudbox and have a play around with the .obj file provided for this challenge! everyone seems to having a lot of fun with this one - it's a simple idea from which you can achieve extraordinary things, so have a play and show us what you can do! looking forward to seeing more from everyone - keep up the great work!
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #35
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Quote:
thanks, yes, blender has a quite powerful sculpt tool, with same tools Zbrush and mudbox have, move, magnify, textured brush(like Zbrushes alpha), draw, etc. So all i did was import the .obj into blender, apply multires, and start sculpting like in any other tool, sculpt, add detail level, sculpt etc.
Cool, that sounds fine then
Old 24-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #36
silvaticus

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge No. 10 Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
My second pumpkin, an hour and 40 minutes so far. The upper part is unfinished and not visible.
Attached Images

silvaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #37
Siah

Looks great silvaticus. Very pleasing work. Love the eyes.
Siah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #38
strict9
xyz to uv YO

went for scary...maybe i should try something different....and than again...it's weekend and the wife and kids need some attention to
Name:  pumpkin.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  192.9 KB
strict9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #39
GMGraham

Nice sculpts everyone, good to see more posts up. I love the theme of this!
GMGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #40
strict9
xyz to uv YO

okay one more hehehe
don't know what i was thinking.....
Name:  pumpkin2.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  191.9 KB
strict9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #41
cashfire

wow , everybodys doing a reall good job, cant wait to see more.
cashfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #42
Siege

I know this doesn't apply. But thought I could post here. Was a first time and a test. Now I know I can take it alot farther...my kids like it because it looks like I peeled the face off of it. Looks pretty rancid to me...and can only get grosser as time passes.
Attached Images

Old 24-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #43
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
cool concept - very spooooky, now you just gotta sculpt it in zbrush or mudbox!
Old 24-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #44
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' 
Total Awards: 13
Hello guys, nice sculpts...

About 3 hours till now, so hope you like it =D

www.glaucolonghi.com
http://www.facebook.com/glaucolonghi
Longhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #45
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
longhi ! hehe very original, dig the face inside the pumpkin.
Siege great pumpkin, thx too you i will go out and carve a pumpkin as well It's looking great.
strict9 - something strange going on here, but somehow i like it.
silvaticus - my favorite so far. nice heady.
StaleFlesh - welcome to the forum. and nice first sculpt !!! when you post the final make sure it has only materials applied. since texturing/painting not allowed.
bryzol - nice a mafia pumpkin.