>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 23-12-2008, 06:51 AM   #31
Maxter1

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Hi, very cool entries... here is my try(3 hours)

Maxter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 09:24 AM   #32
agrmrs

hi my friends

hi friends.......... so i'm again with a little bit update
thanx for watching

bye see you soon

Last edited by agrmrs; 11-02-2015 at 12:34 PM..
agrmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #33
darkmonk

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
hi all,

Great looking sculpts from everyone so far, i think i have finished so this will be my final image.

sculpt time 3hours 45min -
Is there going to be a final entry submission section soon ?
Attached Images

Old 23-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #34
agrmrs

hi my friend

hi friends i just finished my work it took 5 hours to complete this { opsssss i've spent the full time } ...............must say there are many awesome entries here so this is mine...............good luck to every one

"THE RETIRED SANTA"

Last edited by agrmrs; 11-02-2015 at 12:34 PM..
agrmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #35
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Hi guys, your final submissions thread awaits. best of luck!
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #36
mre

hi guys
this is my work.
2 hours & 17 minutes.

mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #37
vinaykr
Digital modeller

First of all Merry Christmas to all of you out there

Here's my sculpt of Santa..........

Although not the neat one but hope u like it..............

its abt 4hrs 20 min of work

Last edited by vinaykr; 23-12-2008 at 07:03 PM..
vinaykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #38
Lordabortion

last minute trouble

Hey guys, I'm really pretty embarassed about having to ask this, but seeing as though I'm still not completely familiar with zbrush yet, I had to cave and ask. How can I resize and reposition the hat for my santa? Without using the inflate option preferably, I'm totally lost, I just wanted to finish things up and add his hair and whatnot, so any help I would really appreciate it, it's almost deadline!
Attached Images

Lordabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 11:55 PM   #39
Ghost-D

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #12 
Hey, Lordabortion!
You see the upper panel? ThereŽs Draw, Move, Scale, Rotate. Right now you have Draw selected, that means that you are using the brushes. To move the hat, select the hat subtool in your subtool panel and click on the Move icon (or press W, itŽs a key shortcut). What you need to do then is to draw a line in your subtool (just click somewhere in your sculpting and drag the mouse, youŽll see what will happen). Then you should have a yellow line there, with three circles in it. Click on the middle circle and drag the mouse. YouŽll see that youŽll be moving the hat. Just keep in mind that it has to be the middle circle, the other ones would just deform the hat.
Pretty much the same for scaling the object. Click on Scale (or press E), draw a new line or use the one youŽve got there now after moving the object, only this time use the circles on the ends of the line to scale it constantly. But check out also the middle one just to know what it does in case you need it someday.
Pretty much the same for Rotating...
When youŽre done with moving and scaling, click on Draw and youŽre back using the brushes.
Hope it helped, and IŽm sorry if it wasnŽt clear enough but english is not my native language.
Good luck!

"Inter arma silent musae"
Ghost-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 02:59 AM   #40
AutopsySoldier
Can I say **** here?

Send a message via Yahoo to AutopsySoldier
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Damn...ok, I want to join and I've set my computer clock to GMT to make sure I make the deadline...I know it's a bit late, ehh...I want to make a thuggish santa...is that cool? lol Well, good luck to everyone!
Old 24-12-2008, 03:49 AM   #41
HeatherB

Hi everybody,

This is my first time entering, so excited! I am mostly here to learn some new things and become a better sculpter. Nice sculpts so far everybody

Oh and thanks Darkmonk for the tips on how to do hair. Your santa's hair and beard look gorgeous! If I don't figure it out for this sculpt I hope I can use your process in the next one.

Here is my santa(and a reindeer) about 1.5 hours into it:

Last edited by HeatherB; 24-12-2008 at 03:53 AM..
HeatherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 04:24 AM   #42
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Really nice work DarkMonk, the gut hanging out is hilarious!
And HeatherB, THe deer head is a nice accesory, can't wai to see the finished piece.

5 hours, ended up going a slightly different direction with mine than I originally planned.
AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 05:21 AM   #43
Ghost-D

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #12 
Hey!
Figured IŽd post my final entry also here. About 4h30min.
Attached Images

"Inter arma silent musae"
Ghost-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #44
darkmonk

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
wow, some great looking sculpts coming in now, and such a wide variety of looks but they are all recognisable as good old santa, great work everyone

HeatherB:- Hi, im glad my hair technique sounds helpful to you, im sure youll make some fantstically hairy things now lol. once i perfect the technique ill try to make a small movie to show how i created the santa beard and hair.
Love your raindeer, i had thought about doing a raindeer before i decided on the chimney but i dont think i would have done it as well as you have, great work and a good first entry into the competition, i look forward to seeing some of your future sculpts.

AndrewQ:- thanks for the comments, santa just would not be the same without a big gut lol.
youve produced a great looking sculpt as well, youve really captured a nice happy feeling in his face

Ghost-D:- great sculpt, he is instantly recognisable as santa from the coke adverts, good work.

Good luck to everyone and i hope you all have a very merry christmas.
Old 24-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #45
mre

this my final submission.
2 hours 59 minutes

mre is offline   Reply With Quote