>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 20-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #76
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
Other views.
Attached Images

Old 20-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #77
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Good start, but he looks very monotone right now. I know your still working on it, but maybe change some of the skin tones to break it up a bit.
Old 20-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #78
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
SR_6274 yeah man, I have not finished yet! I did not really start the diffuse map! property on the skin will change color in some places and will hopefully a little surprise
armor is not there yet and there will be posing with the pedestal, this is still far from finished

Last edited by chris_solo; 21-04-2009 at 12:13 AM..
chris_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 05:51 AM   #79
newhere
Work, art and videogames

Send a message via AIM to newhere
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: or participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band'' 
Total Awards: 7
Looking good.
"Life is like a video game that you have to play seriously. You can't just push the start button if you fail and come back in with everything you know or everything you have gained over a period of time."
~Newhere~

Angel Mars (Nudity)
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75414
Queen's Blade Vol. 12 ~ Cattleya
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=62172
Dominance War V - God Of Enlightenment:
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82875
newhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #80
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Thanks newhere! lightwaver's friend

hello everyone! this is my last idea of armor, I started retopology it but I have encountered many problems as an object to this part of the main object.
I should have from the start to integrate the body armor because when you have the space between the body and the armor, you must be already thinking about a thick armor and I didn't, because after you do the uv map and integrate it into the map of the demon body, all this requires different handling and I feel like I'm going crazy!
so I'm more obliged to be absent for a few days and I will spend time ...
I also put a search for skin color different from the first, it gives more the impression of a demon!
Attached Images

Last edited by chris_solo; 22-04-2009 at 12:28 PM..
Old 22-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #81
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
I like the new skin color. The armor looks cool as well.

Only suggestion I've got at the moment is to move the shrunken/hanging head around to the side, so that its not in the way of his knees or anything, and it'll add a little asymmetry as well, which isn't a bad thing.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 04:58 AM   #82
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War character! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
You can't go wrong with red for a Demon.Yellow eyes would be nice!
Also, using specular map to give the texture an extra wet look would be a good idea. Juste un conseil.

War General Pet Portrait-

Old 01-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #83
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Big up 01 05 09

Here's an update, but since I met with problems ... I still made good progress but I still sculpt & textures's head to do after finishing the pose and sheets, the next few days will be hard !
sorry if I did not have much time to come and looked at your projects I would do after.

cheers
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #84
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
The latest skin-texture looks great in my opinion. Especially the feet look cool.
I like the idea you had for his clothes.
Only I'm wondering where his "arms" finally end?
I'm looking forward to see the next updates!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #85
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Texture are looking pretty good. The ice came out really nice. I think the "captured" head hanging off his belt can use some work yet texture wise. Maybe cover that with ice as well?

Keep it up, we're getting down to the wire now, time for that last push.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #86
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Thanks JuST, his arms are the tentacles of ice (cf: concept first page) and there's also ice bracelets, in fact it is a daemon that generates the ice, and he has his armor generated

Warlock 279, thanks bro, yes I thought as you, head will be slightly glossy, the end is felt but I still have a lot of work, I hope I'll finish ...

I reworked the slime that is less spaghettis, and I also post other views.
Attached Images

Last edited by chris_solo; 01-05-2009 at 11:57 PM..
Old 01-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #87
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
The ice looks awesome! Great job texturing.

Something about the lower part of the legs bother me. Think the cavity is too intense and there's not enough color variation.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #88
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Ah really nice, very unique demon here. The general Pumpkinhead-style build is something that I haven't seen done too often before, and the ice armor is a neat touch - one that's obviously close to my heart (you've seen my entry)

Generally, I love the detail on your guy. The ice armor texture is very fitting and looks really well done. The skin looks really cool and very detailed - the only thing that bothers me is that, while it's pretty much consistent, it gets a little washed out around the knees. Everywhere else is so densely detailed that the relatively smooth knee/thigh area stands out to me a bit. However, I think what's really causing things to 'pop' is the fact that there's no lights in the scene - it's just default light right? Seeing everything in bright-as-day light means it's easier to spot problems - so it's probably not really a factor when all is said and done.

Visually speaking, the face looks a tad too clean to me too - I don't really know if anyone else feels that way. But the detail around there - especially the folds of the neck in that one pic (the sorta side view one) - are really, really sharp compared to the detail on the thighs, tail or arm. I don't know if that's a bad thing per se, but it's different, and it's noticeable (to me anyway). If no one else says anything, than don't let me get to you! Just trying to look for something constructive to point out.

You should definitely throw some lights in the scene and render things out, just to try and get a feel for things. Overall, I really like this entry so far, and I wanna see more...

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity

Last edited by VinsanityV20; 03-05-2009 at 10:42 AM..
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #89
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Crispy4004 +1 about the legs.
Les effets de glace lui donnent un style très sympa (le slime aussi est vachement bien réussi), tu peux peut être jouer avec un peu de rouge (sur les yeux ou les jambes) pour des contrastes chaud/froid. Je te recommande aussi d'un peu plus travailler le matériaux/texture des yeux.
En tout cas tu vas/dois t'amuser avec les bras.
J'espère que tu as pu résoudre tes problèmes.
Bon courage pour la dernière ligne droite! Tu as tout mes encouragements. Keep it up!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #90
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Up 05 05 09

Crispy4004 thank you, yes I have considered your comments and I hope my last updated will be along this way, I retouched the lower legs with a little more textures and less cavity and contrast. Thanks for you return this
VinsanityV20 thank you for your comments, I'm not agree on the neck, maybe the folds are too marked but I can not do anything to fix and I like as well. I retouched the face with a little more texture even if I lose a little outline of the face but you were right about it
I also put a warm light to better reflect the ambiance but I would be work this to the shoots end.
washka merci gars! tes encouragments me font chaud au coeur, j'ai retravaillé les yeux avec un peu plus de rouge/orange; j'ai aussi retravaillé les jambes voir plus haut dans les explications, merci encore de ton retour ça fait plaisir thanks man

Here's my last up at the moment, I made his head andI still whips ice rework a little but I haven't a lot of polys ...so....I see, I also have the logo put on the armor
Attached Images