>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 21-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #91
tb1alexc

Great style, and those weapons are looking really awesome! Great work, keep it up
tb1alexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #92
Fixor

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
I got the flu (Lloyd, if you read this...). Remedies act directly on my brain... I don't feel pain, I don't feel tired, I don't feel remorse!!! It's WAR tiiiiiiiime!!!!!

Steamtrooper - yeah mate with the guidelines restrictions and the time constrain, I will keep it ultra simple... thx for the input though!!!

BiG ToE-3DT - are we allowed to have a box with tiles like a floor or is it considered like a floor?

hulahuga - Nice reminder!!!

Joseph Pomeisl - Thanks dude! 2 weeks left!

Malus - Twisted mind??? My guy doesn't have his "family jewelery" exposed!!! I need to see an update on the lowpoly on your guy...

tb1alexc - Thanks dude. Final straight line.

Update: finalised UV sheets, AO map and Normal map baked in Topogun (if you read this, thanks again Cristi!). Next step: adding details on the normal map and Coluuuuuurs.

DWIV - 3D - Fixor - Eckhart
Fixor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #93
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
to be on the safe side, I would make the tile/floor, but place it on a more rounded base, rather than a square one. Then maybe then give the base some thickness so no one gets confused

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #94
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Sweet! Looks great, love the meat mallet. Great assortment of accessories. Really nice job on the UV layout, that's packed nice and tight. Good stuff!

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #95
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Bake turned out beautiful, everything looks really solid. If you could spare a couple more edges, maybe just extend one of your vertical edges further down the knee section, it's the only area where the low poly is kinda showing through the normal map.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #96
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Send a message via AIM to Jensen Send a message via MSN to Jensen
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Great bake dude. Use those extra 10 tris!
Old 26-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #97
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War character! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Pro stuff! Are you using Zbrush to get both AO and Normal.
I need those Zmapper settings. It would help me a lot with that quality.
Thanks in advance!

I should have read your post instead of jumping straight to the pics. The answer to my questions was right there. Zmapper doesn't seem to give that good of a result.

War General Pet Portrait-

Last edited by Sebiomegas; 26-04-2009 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: Unnecessary question.
Sebiomegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #98
Ichiban

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: top News Bar plug The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
One of my favorites. excellent job.
Old 29-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #99
newhere
Work, art and videogames

Send a message via AIM to newhere
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: or participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band'' 
Total Awards: 7
Looking forward to seeing textures now.
"Life is like a video game that you have to play seriously. You can't just push the start button if you fail and come back in with everything you know or everything you have gained over a period of time."
~Newhere~

Angel Mars (Nudity)
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75414
Queen's Blade Vol. 12 ~ Cattleya
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=62172
Dominance War V - God Of Enlightenment:
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82875
newhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #100
Fixor

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
'mornig guys, thanks for passing by again! While I had the flu I could'nt breath and my spine was going out of my back. I was a bit like this poor Eckhart actually. Now I understand why he's always pissed off.

BiG ToE-3DT - Okay, I'll do a kind of thick floor with a magical pentacle on it, like it is a teleport from a world to the other.

Warlock 279 - Thanks mate

Puckducker - Thanks mate! you're right! I made the change in the new version

Jensen - Thanks I've used some on the knee... Still some spare to use. I'll make some hair going out of the top of the mask if I got time

Sebiomegas - Hehe I haven't used Zmapper with ZB3 yet. I'm happy with topogun for the moment. The only downside is the poly limit.

Ichiban - Thanks dude! I hope you'll like the colours

newhere - Cool! Here's the first pass on the diffuse...

So here it is: main colours and details. Still need to work on the metal. There's no secular map yet. The blue bits will be emissive and will hopefully look better. The lighting is a three point lighting plus a kicker, with Max default scanline. The greenish stains are blood from Malus's DWIV Beast on Polycount (no offense dude )

DWIV - 3D - Fixor - Eckhart
Fixor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #101
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
really good stuff.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #102
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
nice to see the work process.... excellent work

Last edited by CHAO5; 02-05-2009 at 01:26 PM..
CHAO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #103
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Man Awesome, don't know how I missed this thread. Your work is really clean and I really like your maps. One question did you unwrap manually or did you use some sort of pelting script? You have a nice uv layout so I thought I would ask. Anyhow good job Dude keep it up.
Warbringerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #104
Malus
Dean Ferguson

ROFL, you *****!!
Killing my beasty before he's even born. :P

The colours are looking nice mate, at least one of us is looking like finishing hehe.
Malus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #105
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Total Awards: 6
Fixor- Sorry this is the first time I've replied to ur thread....It's AWESOME. The
proportions are dead on and he's got good weight. Only crit I really have is the
logo tattoo. I would incorporate it somewhere else or make it a really intricate
sleeve tat. Kick-ass entry though...