>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 02-09-2009, 06:42 AM   #31
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
freespace - he he he, i know right! I have the same problem. Im old school so i cant help it. lol.

gumby666 - i was going to ask the same thing. Can we?

So i had to think this one through. and i decided that i want to do do crimson viper, from street figther 4. She is not only the ultimate sexy killer machine in the new game, but it is also my fav character.

Now, im sorry i keep asking. But say i decide to only model from the hips all the way to the head. I would make a basemesh of the upper body, head, hair included. Then on the same mesh, i would model a pedestal...Finally, i guess i could use the extra subtool to model the glasses, correct? That would be totatlly valid, right?

Last edited by Raul; 02-09-2009 at 06:45 AM..
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:59 AM   #32
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
When I read the theme I had an idea of which character I would like to model, but just after I saw that we could make our own basemesh I was certain that I would model him... You really need a custom basemesh to make him right.

Anyways, it was one of my favorite games (back on the first and second versions) and Goro used to make my life miserable :P

A little less than three hours, about 30-40 minutes for the basemesh.

I would suggest having separate time for each step. Like, 5 hours for the sculpting, 1 hour for basemesh (6 total), and in case someone wants to use a pre-made basemesh, he or she would just have the 5 hours for sculpting. After all it's a sculpting challenge...

Well, just my two cents.
Attached Images

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #33
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Send a message via ICQ to Zlatovous Send a message via MSN to Zlatovous
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here 
Total Awards: 7
That Goro is killer!

I will participate too, which will be fun, 'cos I just started to learn ZBrush and all I did was three sculpts. But I am here to learn, right :-)

I am thinking of Nameless One or Max Payne...
Old 02-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #34
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Anoxic: Welcome aboard!

dPunisher: ZSpheres are OK.

gumby666: Now I would strongly suggest doing an original video game character, even though thousands of comics/movies characters eventually got into games. ( heck, we might have a favourite comic book superhero or something in the future, and we don't want to overlap topics )

Neto: Yes you could have one base mesh for her hips-torso-head-hair, and one base mesh for her glasses. This is one of the scenarios I was thinking of when I said two base meshes Tip: You can use a separate "third" mesh for your pedestal if you want. I remember C Viper, she packs quite an electric punch, hehe.

Pedro Toledo: Good suggestion, I'm definetely going to think about it. This challenge is really a beta-test for the new set of rules to come with the great revamping of the forum. So far, it seems people like providing their own base meshes. And Goro looks awesome so far! Nice use of your support base mesh

Zlatovous: Nameless One would be much more easy to sculpt than Max Payne, in my opinion.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #35
Aleks
Silky smooth

Send a message via ICQ to Aleks Send a message via MSN to Aleks
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My latest model got plugged. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Really cool theme. Would probably go with Nathan Drake,if I had some free time.But unfortunately I'm too busy right now :/

Good luck to everyone and have fun!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #36
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Aleks: I thought you would do Earthworm Jim

Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #37
delavega

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
this is frikkin' cool...I'm in!
Not sure yet what character though..but I have a few in mind.
cheers
delavega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #38
gumby666

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
I'm thinking Abe from the Oddworld games.
Just got dumped a whole heap of work to do over the weekend as a 'favour' for a friend (one day I'll learn to stop putting my hand up for these!) as well as a PS3 & beer date to get inspired for this challenge...... who needs sleep anyway??
gumby666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #39
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
Pesro - that is one cool looking goro! The deatilaing of the msucles is very nice!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #40
Aleks
Silky smooth

Send a message via ICQ to Aleks Send a message via MSN to Aleks
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My latest model got plugged. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
Aleks: I thought you would do Earthworm Jim
How about I just post a new render of him and get one of 'em sculpting awards?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #41
vikramvr

Send a message via Yahoo to vikramvr
I am looking to participate in this as well. I am thinking of sculpting kratos from God of war.

My website:
http://www.vikramvr.com
vikramvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #42
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
ooh cool cool , but wonder where is classic gamer 3dt , this challenge suits him.

i am thinking ..... hmmm.. any LF2 or tekken fans here?

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #43
Slashmore

I am in!!!
I am thinking about Ben, from Full Throttle.... Nice Classic game!
Slashmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #44
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Aleks: I'll get back to you on that one at a later date. Look for my memo

vikramvr: I was wondering if anyone would be doing him

aby arty: Jin Kazama, perhaps?

Slashmore: Big bad rugged Ben. Looking forward to your sculpt.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #45
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Send a message via ICQ to Zlatovous Send a message via MSN to Zlatovous
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here 
Total Awards: 7
Ok, here is my entry. Surely not last one, as this is great practice. But before I move onto something harder, here it is
Attached Images