>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 03-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #61
Blackham
Sharpie Sniffer

Send a message via AIM to Blackham Send a message via MSN to Blackham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
Bowser
My first thought too
Here's hoping I don't make an abomination of a great Nintendo character!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #62
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelWorks View Post
I'ts exciting! I'm in fellas. This is my first challenge.

And my subject....

I love monkey island I'm looking for a cartoon style like monkey island 3 and Futurama.
How appropriate! You fight like a cow.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #63
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
for those who dnt know lf2:

@ freespace: nah not jin , how about ogre ?
Attached Images

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #64
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
I don't really like Ogre, but it's up to you, of course. Jin was always my favourite from Tekken.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #65
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
nato - gordon freeman, maybe? I dunno...

pedro - That is a good idea, reprojecting. I hadnt thought of that during this whole time i've been working on this challenges. I didnt think it would be allowed! ...............hmm............Good luck to you sir! I hope it works and that it looks as awesome as the paint over.

This is what i got. I got one hour left. And i am trying to decide if i should use the second base base and model a cobra wrapped around her arms. Or if i should just fine tweak the topology and call it done.

Some of the things i wanted to work a little more was the face, right now she is supposed to kinda be smiling a bit, but not to much. Or maybe change the pose to something more sexy. I feel the hair needs a bit of more work.

Last edited by Raul; 03-09-2009 at 03:35 PM..
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #66
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Neto: Her clothing looks very good, but I think you definitely need to spend more time on making her face look beautiful ( nose is to Orc-ish right now )

Old 03-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #67
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
I hope it is, Neto After all it's not much different from a simple symmetry function, where you work on one side and all the work is simply projected, on the fly, to the other side.

I agree with Freespace, The clothes look really good, but the face could be more feminine.

Keep it up!

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #68
Fenixy
Threedy Spy Master

Send a message via ICQ to Fenixy Send a message via MSN to Fenixy
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #17 The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Sculpting Challenge # 18 Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art #18, well done! 
Freespace-3DT agree about Jin, he was always my fav as well

how many of those can i make ?
Attached Images

Last edited by Fenixy; 03-09-2009 at 04:12 PM..
Fenixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #69
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Hahah, that was cool, Fenixy

You can make as many sculpts as you want, but only one will be your final sculpt.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #70
Fenixy
Threedy Spy Master

Send a message via ICQ to Fenixy Send a message via MSN to Fenixy
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #17 The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Sculpting Challenge # 18 Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art #18, well done! 
heh thx ^^
what i ment is, there is 2 base mashes,i spent 1 for one worm, can i spend second mesh for another worm? or same about pets, like Jack & Dexter
Fenixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #71
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Well let's really focus on one character, with the 2nd mesh meant to support the first one.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #72
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I know we're supposed to use 2 base meshes. But can we retopo to get to 2 meshes? or are we thinking more...it's a stone sculpture and we get two blocks? Am I asking this question right? Alright...if I do up my mesh can I do a ball for a head, a box for a shirt, a simple hand for the hands and then retopo them all back down to give me 2 meshes? or are we thinking more...you get two to work with?

With six hours I can probably do this evening as I have **** else going on so I need to know soon. Hmmm...I sound pushy.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #73
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Well here's the beauty of you doing your own base mesh: you do whatever you want to it before you start sculpting. Just as long as there are only two meshes ( when you start sculpting ), and you've created them specifically for this contest.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #74
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
So that means we can't retopo after we start sculpting. Sighs.....there is always somethimg about this challenges...that makes it more challenging! Lol
Old 03-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #75
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
That's the point

The Final Submissions thread is up, in case anyone's done already or will be in the near future.