>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Final Completed CG Artwork

Old 07-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
3dv

Multi story building

hi..

this is my first post here..

Her is the render of a multi story building....
Designed by me....( i m student of architecture)

Modeled in 3ds Max and rendered with Vray 1.5... render time: 31 min.

Comments and Critics are Welcome....

Suggestions also...

I hope u people like it....
Attached Images

3dv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
djmj

I like everything regarding your design, exept using stairs to the entrance. If you must use stairs, then they should be alot wider. Main entrance should allow people going in and out without a hassle. You designed the building so you know how many people could a normal day fit inside. How long time would it take to get all the people out with an emergency. Maybe a fire on the top floor or something. Doesnt matter if you you have a fire exit somewhere. The main entrance is the most importent anyway, all the people who whent inside know how to find their way out, using the very same route.

Pillar and columns make it look massive, I like the glass panels as well. A parking lot under the house is maybe an overkill. The area cant be big enough to pay that extra, regarding building cost. Area minus ramps, heating and cooling systems etc cant be big enough for two cars, or?

Anyway, the looks is cool
Cheers
Johan Sae-Thao
djmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
3dv

thanx for everything Sir....

This building has 4 basement car parking... And the fire exit is at the back side...I agree with the front stairs....It should be wider But its still 7 feet wider in the center a stairs to lower ground ....

Thanks for suggestion....and for liking...these suggestions r very helpful..

one question how to get any kind on award..

Any more comments....
Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 AM   #4
DigitalPutty
Im a poly pusher. Sweet.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I like this piece and agree with the comment already stated. But ... the cars ... they are just really distracting to me. I would take them out or just have them parked and be a neutral color.
DigitalPutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
Wilbert

I like the render but two things need a little bit work. The cars (like mentioned before), and the striped curb in the middle of the road seams out of place. Other than that it's nice render.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
Remove the cars and curb, and fix the aliasing issue on the image and you have a very beautifully lit and shaded building rendering !

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
gnome
Stray Soul

Send a message via ICQ to gnome Send a message via MSN to gnome
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Wrestling Move'' 
Total Awards: 3
I have to agree on the curbs and cars. The birds aren't very convincing, either. The building itself looks very nice
Old 11-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
3dv

thanx to everyone.......
for passing comment on my work it really help me to improve.....
Thank u again

Please always comment on my future works also....
Old 11-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #9
irananimator
Max_Lover

very nice rendering .
I like it
irananimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #10
3dv

thanx for liking...

Question:

How to submit the artwork to 3total gallery....

plzzzz...
Ad how to get any kind of award...

plzzzz answer these questions...i will b waiting
Old 12-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #11
JHarford
Director@Airship

Send a message via MSN to JHarford
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums 
Total Awards: 11
great stuff
JHarford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 04:33 AM   #12
3dv

thanx....

Tags
architecture, building, exterior, scene, visualization