>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge

Old 29-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Members Sculpting Videos!

Please use this thread to post videos of you working! html is enabled so you can try to embed them if you wish.

Many thanks, Tom

EDIT (MonteCristo) -- We just cleaned out some of the ealier messages so that we can keep this thread a bit more succinct. If it gets too convoluted it will take people ages to go through it all.
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
grassetti
Young Jedi

Send a message via AIM to grassetti Send a message via MSN to grassetti Send a message via Yahoo to grassetti
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #2 - 1st Place 
Total Awards: 3
Wolverine Timelapse

Hey guys, last month i did some timelapse for pixologic never posted it here in the forum. Here is the direct link.

http://pixologic01.com/zbc/grassetti.mov

Last edited by grassetti; 03-06-2008 at 05:16 AM..
grassetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:34 AM   #3
Hex0254

Grassetti, You have some amazing work in you portfolio! Where did you go to school?
Hex0254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 01:40 AM   #4
Sandpiper
It's for the children...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 10
some rock sculpting

Here's the technique I used to create some of the rock formations in a couple of my sculpts. It's not glamorous like a typical human character but something else that Zbrush can do! (the real "meat" is after the first couple of minutes of course)

Last edited by Sandpiper; 16-07-2008 at 02:19 PM..
Sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
"SuperSoldier"Entry part 1/4. 1 hour of progress.

"SuperSoldier"Entry part 2/4. 2 hours of progress.

"SuperSoldier"Entry part 3/4. 3 hours of progress.

"SuperSoldier"Entry part 4/4. 4 hours of progress.

Attached Images

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life

Last edited by Sathe; 30-05-2008 at 07:32 PM..
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 11:22 PM   #6
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
My Veoh Sculpt CHannel http://www.veoh.com/channels/SpeedSculptC

well here is my third character of the sculpt challenge #3 - Part01
almost an hour in.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v13912573eYTM3zGx

2nd hour of the sculpt.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14018690apxrWbg6

3rd hour of the sculpt.

Final and last part

Those u can'T view on Veoh
will upload the other 2 during the day.

Part01 http://youtube.com/watch?v=rDTRnM3OPNY
Part02 http://youtube.com/watch?v=kkVTotuThhc
Part03 http://youtube.com/watch?v=cqnAwt9S0gM
Part04 http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOW5EQ6XIcg
Attached Images

Last edited by bgen; 02-06-2008 at 05:08 PM..
bgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 06:15 AM   #7
vongn
rolling stone

streaming supersoldier speed sculpting mudbox videos.

video 1

http://www.vimeo.com/1084612

video 2

http://www.vimeo.com/1089536

video 3

http://www.vimeo.com/1094936
Attached Images

“There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

Last edited by vongn; 01-06-2008 at 05:53 AM..
vongn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
So impressed with the work here I have linked this thread from the frontpage of 3DTotal and Threedy, everyone who has posted so far please claim a golden eye award!

Tom
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #9
Knut
The Dark One

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
Impressive! I hope this thread Lives Long and Prosper™
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #10
mike_k

Nice! hey grassetti are you sculpting with the layer tool there? or a really low fall off standard maybe, and what is the hotkey to jump between move and regular tool I think I can see you doing that quite a bit. cheers!
Old 30-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #11
skywalkerluis
Wireframe everywhere!!!

Manimal challenge

Hi guys, I´m Luis Fábregas and this is my speed sculp video of the "Old Catman" in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_N70U6jTY

http://www.youtube.com/skywalkerluis
skywalkerluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #12
chrisskinner

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Inspiring work guys!!! I wish I was at home on ZBrush now...
chrisskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #13
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
So inspiring guys, i'm so impressed with these, may many more be uploaded

Oustanding Stuff

CG.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #14
JHarford
Director@Airship

Send a message via MSN to JHarford
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage 
Total Awards: 11
The sculpt

The videos

Part #1

Part #2

Part #3

Parts 2 and 3 will load in about 2 hours time. Still converting
I would have posted a while ago, but conversion took yonks.
Hope you enjoy

Last edited by JHarford; 30-05-2008 at 12:56 PM..
JHarford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #15
xmaster55
Looking...

Speed Doodles...
Hey you guys got some kool stuff here, awesome...